PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

SCARLETWILL
19-07-2008, 6:48 PM
I am trying to find the Parents of WILLIAM HOWELL born abt 1805 in LLANSAMLET GLAM and his wife MARGARET BODYCOMP also born in LLANSAMLET abt the same time.I think they Married in LLANSAMLET abt 1826.Any help would be very welcome as I am completely stuck.MANY THANKS.

Squaredancer
19-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Sorry, couldn’t find any info re the parents, but the following may be of interest:

The IGI has a record submitted by a member of the LDS church (which may not be 100% correct) of a William Howell, born about 1801, marrying Margaret Bodycomb, born about 1805, on 19th February 1826. All events took place at Llansamlet.

The IGI also has the christenings of children of William Howell and Margaret (no surname shown), all at Llansamlet:

Margaret on 1st January 1827
Matilda on 15th April 1829
William on 5th August 1835
Elizabeth on 12th September 1837

These are all in Batch no C057081 so are more likely to be correct. Also, one of the submitted records for William and Margaret shows these four children.

John Nicholas
20-07-2008, 8:57 AM
Three suggestions:
You could see if you can order a microfilm copy of the Llansamlet registers to view at your nearest LDS centre.
You could buy the Glamorgan FHS transcripts for Llansamlet (see Parish Chest).
You could visit the NLW in Aberystwyth and see the registers there.

John

Jan1954
20-07-2008, 9:04 AM
You could buy the Glamorgan FHS transcripts for Llansamlet (see Parish Chest (http://www.parishchest.com/shop/index.php?cmd=listlinkeditems&cat=D167&supplier=&breadcrumb=Family+History+Societies%2C+etc.%3AGlam organ+F.H.S.:CDs.)).

Click on the link - 20th item on the page.

SCARLETWILL
20-07-2008, 6:20 PM
Many thanks for your Prompt response.
SQUARE DANCER, the WILLIAM and MARGARET in your reply are the right persons, I have confirmed that with the 1841 Census the dates are not 100% but they are the people.
JOHN NICHOLAS I am unable to go to the places you mention but I have obtained the Llansamlet Parish CD so hopefully that will be helpful.
Many thanks for your Help Again.