PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Primrose

CanCan
15-07-2008, 6:56 PM
Hi, I am looking for the birth of Jessica for a friend and I do not know where to look.

Jessica married Louis Simmons c1909 in Elham,Kent.

He says she was born in Edinburgh. I have looked on the free sites but nothing.

I am hoping to buy a subscription to a paid site, any suggestions where I should begin.

Thank You

Michael

Davran
15-07-2008, 7:34 PM
If you are doing Scottish research, the official website for records is ScotlandsPeople. It is the main research tool for Scotland. You can search for free, but have to pay to view records. Whilst not hugely expensive (6 for 30 credits - I think!) it can be a bit frustrating if you have found what you want and have credits to spare, though they are valid for a fair while.

The only other suggestion I have is to try the TalkingScot forum, which is dedicated to Scottish research. They are a friendly, helpful bunch.

CanCan
15-07-2008, 7:48 PM
Thank you Davran for your reply.

As far as I am aware, this is the only person to be born in Scotland, but I will have a loook at the sites you have listed.

Michael

CanCan
16-07-2008, 11:02 AM
HI,

I found a Jessie Primrose born Leith Dec 1871, which would mean she was 38 when she married.

It could be her, but I cannot prove it.

Michael

joette
16-07-2008, 4:04 PM
Who is her Father on her marriage?Does it match the birth or did you not look at the certificate?
I have a few credits & will take a look if you haven't.

CanCan
16-07-2008, 4:21 PM
Hi Joette,

I dont know who her father was, but my friend says that this is the lady, me I am not sure !

Thank You

Michael

joette
16-07-2008, 4:25 PM
There are actually two- 1872 PRIMROSE JESSIE F LEITH NORTH EDINBURGH CITY/MIDLOTHIAN 692/01 0017
2 1878 PRIMROSE JESSIE CUMMING F ST ANDREW
Why is your friend so sure that the Leith one is right? He must know her Father's name from her marriage(if they had married in Scotland it would also have Mother's name).
The 1878 one would make her slighter younger on marrying what was the Groom's age?

CanCan
16-07-2008, 4:34 PM
Its his Great Grandmother and he knows she was born in Edinburgh.

Jessica married Louis Simmons c1909 in Elham,Kent.

Michael

joette
17-07-2008, 4:32 PM
As I said there are two in Edinburgh around the same dates.If I knew where abouts I would look or who her parents were to check the 1881 Census when she would hopefully be with them!

joette
17-07-2008, 4:42 PM
There is a large family of Primroses living in Leith in 1881 here they are at 45 Albany St,Leith although her parents are West Coasters with her Father from Glasgow & her Mother from Cardross.There is also another Jessie Primrose living in Rhu(Row as it was known then) with her Grandmother Taylor-Rhu & Cardross are very near to each other.

Thomas PRIMROSE Son N/A 13 M Scholar Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland

Mary L. PRIMROSE Daughter N/A 4 F Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland

James P.M. PRIMROSE Son N/A 7 M Scholar Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland

James PRIMROSE Head Married 42 M Engineer Master Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland

Margaret A.S. PRIMROSE Daughter N/A 1 F Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland

Jeanie PRIMROSE Daughter Unmarried 14 F Scholar Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland

Jessie PRIMROSE Daughter N/A 9 F Scholar Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland

Jessie PRIMROSE Wife Married 43 F Engineers Wife Cardross, Dunbarton, Scotland

John L. PRIMROSE Son N/A 10 M Scholar Leith, Edinburgh, Scotland