PDA

View Full Version : St Anns, Middlesex

p.roberts7
01-01-2005, 6:01 PM
Does anyone know where St Anns, Middlesex may be. I found a possible ancestor in the LDS Essential Records CD, whose marriage in the late 18th Century was shown here.
Many thanks, Pete

kellybc
01-01-2005, 7:32 PM
There is a St. Anns Road in Tottenham, London, N15, where there is also a St. Anns hospital. This area in the 18th C. would be more Middlesex than London. See url for current map http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=532750&y=188250&z=2&sv=532750,188250&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Hope this helps

Peter Goodey
01-01-2005, 7:51 PM
Pete

There's no need to speculate. The BVRI, if that's what you mean, shows the source film number which you can look up in the online catalogue.

elldrick
24-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Hello, Just discovered this great site so you may have already solved your problem. There was a St. Anne parish in Limehouse London which was part of the county of Middlesex

Colin Moretti
24-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Hello Pete

The GENDOCS wbsite has a list of Victorian London churches:

It lists the following in the London part of Middlesex
St Anne, Commercial Road, Limehouse, STEPNEY
St Anne, Dean Street, Soho, W. London, WESTMINSTER
St Anne, Hoxton Street, SHOREDITCH
St Anne, Tollington Park, ISLINGTON

There's a separate list of non-metropolitan churches in Middlesex too.

Colin

Ron Leech
25-01-2005, 9:13 AM
Pete

There's no need to speculate. The BVRI, if that's what you mean, shows the source film number which you can look up in the online catalogue.
Pete can you spell out how you do that for me, please?

Peter Goodey
25-01-2005, 1:26 PM
Ron

Certainly. Here's a record from the BVRI chosen at random -

It shows "Source: FHL Film 503797".

Go to http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

Select "Film/Fiche Search"

Enter "503797".

Up comes a list of items on that film. Select a likely candidate, if there's more than one. Press "View Film Notes" for detailed information.

Hope that makes it clear.

Ron Leech
25-01-2005, 3:24 PM
Thanks Peter that worked really well. One last question, what does BVRI stand for?

Peter Goodey
25-01-2005, 3:45 PM
"what does BVRI stand for?"

British Isles Vital Records Index (Second Edition) published by the LDS (16 CD set). A useful supplement to the IGI, if only because it's reasonably cheap.

I assume that's what the original questioner was referring to.

(The word "vital" here is used in the sense of 'pertaining to life' - it isn't really vital that you buy it! :) :D )

Ron Leech
25-01-2005, 7:08 PM
Thanks Peter I had heard of Vital Records but not understood the connection.

Jfremont
26-01-2005, 6:25 AM
I have been wondering if the BVRI has many more records than what is already available on the familysearch web site. Does anyone know?
Thanks, John

Peter Goodey
26-01-2005, 8:57 AM
"I have been wondering if the BVRI has many more records than what is already available on the familysearch web site. Does anyone know?"

I know a man who does!
http://www.genoot.com/downloads/BVRI2/index.html

I think someone has claimed that some bits of BVRI have been added to the IGI but I've never bothered to check.

Jfremont
26-01-2005, 6:53 PM
Thanks for the link, Peter. I have thought for some time that the relatively inexpensive cost for the BVRI may make it worthwhile to have anyway.
John

Mick UK
09-02-2005, 7:29 PM
Pete
Did you find which of the St Anne churches were relevant ?
I have a 1870 street map showing St Anne Limehouse also some extracts from Kellys Post Office London Directory 1859.
Mick UK