PDA

View Full Version : Hartismere District Suffolk

Anthony Huggins
30-12-2004, 8:34 PM
Looking for links to complete family tree interested in the following names ----
BAILEY, BANHAM, BARBER, BULLOCK, COLLINS, FRANCIS, GARNHAM, HOLLAND, HUBBARD, HUGGINS, KERRIDGE, KERRY,
LUMMAS, MEARS, MEERS, PEAKE, STERRY, STRUTT, WARREN, WILBY, YOUNGS.

Peter Stephen Skelton
26-04-2005, 12:57 PM
WS born on 3/12/1812 and baptised 28/11/1813; married Mary Hymand on 14/11/1831 and is one of my Great x4 grandfathers. email if further detail available or needed,

Steve Garnham
13-06-2005, 8:55 PM
My lot (Garnham) moved around a lot between Norfolk & Suffolk anf then onto Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire etc Is there any particular Garnham(s) you are looking for? Very happy to help if I can. Also, if you have information on your particular branch of the family, I would be delighted to hear frrom you.

Regards

Steve Garnham

Billie O'Brien
26-07-2005, 8:58 AM
Looking for links to complete family tree interested in the following names ----
BAILEY, BANHAM, BARBER, BULLOCK, COLLINS, FRANCIS, GARNHAM, HOLLAND, HUBBARD, HUGGINS, KERRIDGE, KERRY,
John Barber came to Australia as a convict in 1815 and married Jane Dwyer in 1821. I am not sure where in Suffolk he came from. Am attempting to get his birth date so I can order his b/certificate. Would this be in your lot?
Billie.

KAYDEE
10-10-2005, 7:37 PM

I am also looking into Collins Families in Suffolk.....do you have any more details?

Kelomungus
16-02-2006, 10:48 PM

Ames Barber b 1849 in Bury. He had a Large family inculding sons Soloman, Dalpier and Neptune. I believe they were all Gypsies and Hawkers by trade.

They all lived in the Weybred (Weybread) area. The parish of Combs. Some members of the family were born in Middleton, Kessingland and Mildenhall.

patricias@qisu.org.au
25-03-2006, 3:32 AM
I have some Garnham's in my husbands family that came from Great Yarmouth Norfolk. Do you have names of your relatives. We have Lillian, Charles, Margaret, William, Philip, Patricia. Patricia married a Roland Collins.
Look forward to your reply.
Patricia

Kelomungus
06-04-2006, 7:39 PM
I now have Information about my Granddads Family.

Horace James Barber was born in 1922 to Elizabeth Rose , nee Keeley and Solomon Barber.
They also had Joe Solomon Barber b 1912, later changed his name to keeley, or perhaps always was a Keeley.
Olive Barber who later married Isaac Rumsby.
Solomon and Elizabeth married in 1916.

They were all of the Wingfield area, and there were perhaps more children.

Thanks,
Kelly

Ffortune
12-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Anthony
I am also researching Kerridge
I have Sarah Kerridge m Robert Fevrier 1718 Brundish
she is possibly the d of John & Mary Kerridge from Emsett.
regards Ffortune

Dennington
02-07-2008, 3:05 PM

I have links with Lummus & Collins families of Mickfield, Mendlesham, Cotton, Stoke Ash, and Wickham Skeith
Kerry of Thorndon & Brundish
Kerridge of Dennington & Framlingham

BrendaE
01-08-2008, 4:53 AM

Hallo Anthony,
I have a Caroline Sterry who was born in Newington c1838. She married George Biddle.
I am told she kept a milking cow near London Bridge. How things have changed! Any connection with your Sterry?

michaelpipe
01-08-2008, 6:03 AM
I have links with Lummus & Collins families of Mickfield, Mendlesham, Cotton, Stoke Ash, and Wickham Skeith
Kerry of Thorndon & Brundish
Kerridge of Dennington & Framlingham

Hi Dennington

How far back are your Kerridges? I have a couple of marriages in the area
(Mary K, Earl Soham 1750 & Bridget K, Kettleburgh 1720) neither of which I have parents for.

Michael

Barbara Tidy
19-08-2008, 10:13 PM
This is one of the surnames in my family tree. Anyone else looking for the Meers family?

Barbara

Arym
07-01-2013, 7:00 AM
Hi Anthony, I am a descendant of John Huggins from Wingfield b. 1788 I have a tree on Ancestry.com if you would like to check it.

I went back through the Warren Line, (Married to an Elsey) today and managed to track the family down to Southwark, London / Cheapside/ Paddington. I think they then moved to Surrey in the Leigh/ Horley. If you google Huggins, Bone, Elsey and Hodgson tree or any combination of those names you should find it on the web. If not reply and I will send you a direct link.

Family interests: Huggins, Elsey,Warren, Gardener, (Suffolk/Norfolk) Hodgson, Bone, Wear (Yorkshire, Cumbria, Scotland)

Heather17
06-01-2014, 6:04 AM
Hi Anthony, I've material on both Kerridge and Youngs - Norfolk and Suffolk.
Youngs were innkeepers, first at Norwich later at Kings Head in Beccles. Kerridge were Stratford St Andrew and Framlingham, then family immigrated to Australia 1855. One son returned to live in Beccles abt 1860 & his son married Youngs. Cheers Heather

Arym
06-01-2014, 8:19 AM
John Huggins. 1766 married Elizabeth BALDRY. They had a son 1788/1789. John Huggins. These are in my family and where I have met a brick wall!

Towns they lived in are Eye, OCCOLD, Diss, north and South Lophams.

I hope this helps message me for further details.