PDA

View Full Version : Romanian/Hungary Prodan Family

KAM0900
30-04-2008, 9:16 PM
Seeking any help offered on my ancestors. My Great Grandfather came to America with his 4 siblings and mother when he was very young. His father was already in the states and I think I found a record of his arrival. Unfortunately, I have before the arrival.
The names of my ancestors is not common in the US at least and I have hit many brick walls in searching for ancestors past the few tidbits I have collected.

1. Prodan/Proden, Dionese/Denes/ Diones/ Dan
B: 1874
D: 1919 in Cleveland, Ohio- burial in West Park cemetary
m1: Prodan, Juliana (Ana)
b: abt 1874
d: unk
children: 2. Prodan, Auvel (Son)
b: 1910
2. Prodan, Eva
b: 1904
2. Prodan, Amelia
b: 1909
2. Prodan, Dionise Jr. **
b: 1897

Juliana came to America from Also Vesa, Hungary on 6 May 1908 by the ship of Pannonia.
She came again with 4 children on 31 Dec 1912 by the ship Votturno. I understand that Also Vesa is AlsoUcsa Hungary (bad translation at Ellis Island) and that it is now Ucea De Jos in Brasov county, Romania. I also understand that Dionese is Greek in nature.
Any help of my Hungarian/Romanian ancestors is welcome. Im lost! Language barriers keep me here! Dionise Jr (also went by Dan) is my great grandfather and married my great grandmother, Bertie Brinegar.

Thanks!!
Kelley Amstutz

Dennis Melling
23-10-2008, 9:02 AM
Seeking any help offered on my ancestors. My Great Grandfather came to America with his 4 siblings and mother when he was very young. His father was already in the states and I think I found a record of his arrival. Unfortunately, I have before the arrival.
The names of my ancestors is not common in the US at least and I have hit many brick walls in searching for ancestors past the few tidbits I have collected.

1. Prodan/Proden, Dionese/Denes/ Diones/ Dan
B: 1874
D: 1919 in Cleveland, Ohio- burial in West Park cemetary
m1: Prodan, Juliana (Ana)
b: abt 1874
d: unk
children: 2. Prodan, Auvel (Son)
b: 1910
2. Prodan, Eva
b: 1904
2. Prodan, Amelia
b: 1909
2. Prodan, Dionise Jr. **
b: 1897

Juliana came to America from Also Vesa, Hungary on 6 May 1908 by the ship of Pannonia.
She came again with 4 children on 31 Dec 1912 by the ship Votturno. I understand that Also Vesa is AlsoUcsa Hungary (bad translation at Ellis Island) and that it is now Ucea De Jos in Brasov county, Romania. I also understand that Dionese is Greek in nature.
Any help of my Hungarian/Romanian ancestors is welcome. Im lost! Language barriers keep me here! Dionise Jr (also went by Dan) is my great grandfather and married my great grandmother, Bertie Brinegar.

Thanks!!
Kelley Amstutz
I live with my Romanian wife in Drobeta Turnu Severin, Judetal Mehedinti, Romania. When she arrives home I will ask her about Ucea De Jos in Brasov

Dennis

Jan1954
23-10-2008, 5:17 PM
Hello Dennis,

Thank you for the offer of help to KAM0900, but unfortunately they are no longer a member of the forum.

Good luck with your research,