PDA

View Full Version : LEACH/BESTER/RICHARDSON

Janice
29-01-2008, 5:42 AM
John LEACH b 1824(c) a widower,residing at Knightsbridge, a trooper, 2 Life Guards.

married Elizabeth Richardson BESTER b 1818(c) Huntingdonshire,
at St Luke, Chelsea, Middlesex 18.11.1851. cert. COL952 821.

Elizabeth's father was William BESTER b1801(c) Bury, Huntingdonshire and her mother was Elizabeth RICHARDSON b 1797 Warboys,Huntingtonshire.

John & Elizabeth with their 2 sons Joseph & Job, immigrated to Australia 1857.

According to John's death cert. his parents were Joseph and Hannah LEACH.

Is there anyway of tracing Joseph and Hannah with such little information? or John's military service or 1st marriage?
Would appreciate any help I can get. |help| |banghead|

Leekhan
10-02-2008, 12:32 AM
John Leach was my great great grandfatehr, Joseph married Hannah collins at St Marys, Oldham Lancashire on 18/2/1822, Johns son Job John died liverpool, Australia, was my great grandfather, he married Sarah Fairley at Kirkmanshire, Scotland,m1889, she was born 20/1/1864,Job's daughter, Irene was my grandmother, she was one of nine children,She married Ernest Manning Ferguson at Liverpool, Aust. 10/11 1923 and my mother, fAY oLIVE fERGUSON WAS BORNE 30/3/1929, one of four children.
I havnt been able to get past Jospeh and Hannah at this stage.
Hope this assists you
Lee

Janice
11-02-2008, 7:08 AM
Thanks a million for your reply Lee.
Welcomed the information about Joseph & Hannah. We did not know that her name was Collins.
John Leach was my husband's g.g.grandfather too.
John's son Joseph Henry was his g.grandfather who married Clara Tindall 1876 at Parramatta NSW.
Their son Albert was his grandfather and his son Ernest Tindall his father.
We do have one piece of conflicting information about Job and Sarah Fairlie. We have them married at Leichhardt, Sydney NSW in 1889. Cert.No.2024.
John & Elizabeth, Joseph Henry and Job immigrated to Australia in 1857.

Would like to hear from you again to swap more information. Not sure how to make contact privately if you prefer.
Regards
Janice (in Nth Qld Australia)

Geoffers
11-02-2008, 8:37 AM
John LEACH b 1824(c) a widower,residing at Knightsbridge, a trooper, 2 Life Guards........Is there anyway of tracing Joseph and Hannah with such little information? or John's military service or 1st marriage?

To locate his discharge document - see this TNA research guide (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/RdLeaflet.asp?sLeafletID=14)
This guide refers to pension records (http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/RdLeaflet.asp?sLeafletID=15)