PDA

View Full Version : Kelley, Kelly, Williams, Punter, Mills.

joyfor
05-12-2004, 7:34 PM
I am searching for information on all or any of these families living in and around Southwark/ Bermondsey, from 1800 to 1904. In particular I would like to find James M Kelly, b1845(St Olave). James married Caroline and they had nine children. Anyone have any information please ?

Colin Moretti
06-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Hello Joyfor

I have a few Kellys in Bermondsey in the right time frame but no sign of a link from the information you give; still, it's worth a try.

Michael Kelly and his wife Catherine were born in Ireland, no marriage date. Son Richard was born about 1820 in Ireland.

On 22 Feb 1846 Richard married Mary Ann Hurley, b 1824 in Surrey, they had two children I know of, Catherine, b 6 Feb 1847 and Hanora, b 13 Jan 1849. Both girls married into my Moretti line, Hanora was my great grandmother.

If you can access it, you might find it worth while checking the Catholic Family History Society transcriptions of the registers of the RC Church of the Most Holy Trinity, Dockhead, Bermondsey. My recollection is that there were a number of Kellys listed who had no obvious link with mine. The transcriptions are held at the SoG and Catholic Central Library, the latter is closed at present, but they have not been published.

Good luck

Colin

plantheaven
06-12-2004, 5:23 PM
Hi,

Could you be more sepcific with regard to the Williams. I have many (!) Williams in that area at that time and as you will appreciate, there are an awful lot of them!!!!
Jacqui

Shannon
13-10-2005, 1:02 AM
I have a Lizzie H Williams working as a servant in Richmond Surrey in the 1901 census. She was born in India as her father Daniel Williams died there in the war. Do you have this Williams in your data please?