PDA

View Full Version : DOEL

Carolyn28
19-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi
I am looking for a birth or christening for a Bridget DOEL . She was married to a Stephen HART 21 May 1788 in Westbury, Wiltshire. I am also looking for a possible death for the same person Bridget Doel HART by then around 1792-1794 in Westbury, Wiltshire.

I have found a birth for a Sarah DOEL 7 Oct 1764 dau of Nathaniel DOEL and Ann WILKINS. Could Bridget be a nickname or middle name?

Her baby dau of 6 weeks was named Sarah in an overseers record. The record only included her husband, Stephen, son Stephen 4 and dau Sarah 6 weeks from Westbury, Wiltshire to Kingswood nr Wooton Edge, Gloucestershire. THAT IS WHY i THINK SHE MAY HAVE DIED IN CHILDBIRTH?

Any help or comments appreciated.|

Carolyn

Wobbley
16-12-2007, 4:40 AM
Burial:
Name: Bridget HART
Place: Westbury All Saints (Anglican)
Date 24th Oct 1794

Brian

Carolyn28
18-12-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi Brian

Thank you so much for that information. You really made my day. Is the Westbury All Saints church a nonconformists church? Can I find it on line? I would like to check it further for the birth or christening of the two children: Stephen Hart and Sarah Hart.

Thanks again so much.
Carolyn|hug|

Carolyn28
19-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi
I would like to find more information on the Westbury All Saints Church so that I can further check on Bridget Doel Hart and her family. Also to see if she was born there.

children I know of are Stephen Hart abt 1789 and Sarah
abt 1794. Have tried to check familysearch and the IGI but they have not filmed that church.

Any help or suggestions?

Carolyn

Carolyn28
19-12-2007, 11:19 PM
That would be the Westbury All Saints (Angelican)

Thanks
Carolyn

Wobbley
20-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi
I've tried to find the families before the burial without success I'm afraid.
You could try this site with an e-mail address at the bottom ?

www.
whitehorseteam.org/standard_1.asp?category=3&id=4912&id=4903

or this one at Wiltshire Studies.

www.
wiltshire.gov.uk/community/getchurch.php?id=369

Brian

Andrew Mead
20-12-2007, 6:09 AM
The copyright to Parish Registers is held by the incumbent and does not expire. Some incumbents did not approve of the LDS filming their registers and did not give approval for their publication, although often they were filmed and the local records office will hold a copy. (or they did their own copy). I have bought fiches of original registers from Wiltshire record office - give them a try!

Carolyn28
21-12-2007, 4:23 PM
Thank you both for the information on the Doel and Hart families.

I will take your advise and go from there.

Happy holidays
Carolyn