PDA

View Full Version : Grandfather Lost In France

kcapes
29-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Hello
My Granfather Arthur Robert Nash Joined The British Navy In 1918 But Was Invalided Out In 1921. He Then Disappeared, We Know To France Possibly Marseille He Must Have Worked Are There Any Tax Records, He May Have Married Had Children. He Appears Again In England In 1929 When He Married My Grandmother. He Never Talked About It, But Then He Never Talked To Or Had Anything To Do With His Family. My Dad Is Still With Us A It's Just A Mystery I Would Like To Solve For Him.
The Only Other Clues I Have Is He Could Have Worked For Thomas Cook Travel Company (not That They Have Any Record Of It ) He Did Work As A Chef,when He Came Back He (spoke French Like A Native) To Quote A French Man To My Dad Whilst On Holiday With His Father.
Any Help Would Be Great Thank You

ChristineR
30-09-2007, 4:44 AM
What was his occupation when he married your grandmother? do you have this marriage certificate?

Christine :)

kcapes
30-09-2007, 4:35 PM
Hello
Spoke To My Dad, He Is The Eldest Born 1930 His Dad Was A Boot Repairer He Had His Own Shop, He Also Had A Stationary Shop. But He Said He Did Talk About Being A Clerk For Thomas Cook Dont Know How True That Is But He Definately Lived In France.

Mike_E
19-10-2007, 7:51 PM
I don't know if I'm going mad, but I think I saw something on TV a while ago about Travel agents being used to gather intelligence between the wars? someone else may have heard this, perhaps this might be something worth investigating?

kcapes
20-10-2007, 1:42 AM
HELLO
THANKS FOR THAT IT'S WORTH CONSIDERING WE HAVE KNOW IDEA WHY HE DISAPPEARED AND HE NEVER MENTIONED IT, WHAT WE DO KNOW COMES FOR MY GRANDMOTHER AND SHE KNEW VERY LITTLE. THE THING IS HE WAS A BIT OF A JACK THE LAD THE TYPE TO BRAG ALL SEEMS A BIT STRANGE