PDA

View Full Version : german ancestors

phifer
26-09-2007, 9:44 AM
Is there a website for tracing german bmd records? My ancestors came from Stahlberg in Bavaria Germany.

Mike_E
19-10-2007, 7:54 PM
I think you will need to use a German research. I've not had any luck with mine.

One of the guys listed on this site did some research from me, and got my Mothers Birth cert, Grandparents Wedding and Birth certs for less than £50, and did most of the translation too.

You could do a search for "Association of German Speaking Professional Genealogists" and this will help you to find English speaking German researcher who can access the records for you. You will have to fill in some forms to allow the researcher to access the records on your behalf.

Mike_E
22-10-2007, 10:56 PM
It was suggested that AGRA (Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives) would be able to help with my German research, but none of the members were able to assist.
However, one did suggest that the "The Anglo-German Family History Society" which you need to join £12.00 annually + £5.00 one of Joining fee have a wealth of knowledge in researching German Ancestors. he had a client who got some good results on their research though this route.

I'm currently using a Germany based researcher and getting some good returns for my money, but you may want to try the Anglo-German Society in the first instance.

Raphael
23-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Is there a website for tracing german bmd records?
My ancestors came from Stahlberg in Bavaria Germany.

Is there a website for tracing german bmd records?
My ancestors came from Stahlberg in Bavaria Germany.

Hi Phifer.
Are you sure the Town or village is named Stahlberg? as far as I know that town is in Prussia or Rheinland -Pflalz

Name Typ Übergeordnete Objekte Postleitzahl GOV-Kennung
Stahlberg Ort Altburgund, Bromberg, Posen, Preußen, Deutsches Reich STAERGJO83RA
(the earlier pre war).
Stahlberg Ort Donnersbergkreis, Rheinland-Pfalz, Bundesrepublik Deutschland 67808 STAERG_W6761 and the later one with Post Code=Postleitzahl

If you could give more details with the full name of the person, DOB , Fathers Surname, Wifes maiden name, and any relevant details, I will send you details of how to write to the relevant Standesamt ( Registry Office) where BDM are most likely to be kept ["if available."]

I have tried to contact you via BG Email but you have requested that you do not wish any private mails, alternatively Click on my name and send me a private mail as my answer is quite lengthy.

Kind Regards
Raphael
UK & Derendorf & Düsseldorf (D)

Mike_E
23-10-2007, 8:00 AM
[quote=Raphael;117208]
If you could give more details with the full name of the person, DOB , Fathers Surname, Wifes maiden name, and any relevant details, I will send you details of how to write to the relevant Standesamt ( Registry Office) where BDM are most likely to be kept ["if available."]
quote]

Hi Raphael,

I'd welcome some assistance in this area. I have 12 siblings of my Grandmother I'd like to get records for. They were all born in Munster. I have my Grandmothers Birth Certificate, and her parents Marriage and Birth certs, and some names and rough dates for birth.

phifer
29-10-2007, 11:28 AM
Dear Raphael,
my great grandfather was born Johann Pheifer.His father was Johann Jacob Pheifer and his mother was Charlotte Fritz-Pauli.Johann[John] was born in Stahlberg Bavaria GERMANY according to his naturalisation papers. He had 3 brothers two of which i have been able to trace in Britain.It would be nice if i could get their birth certificates or even their parents marriage certificate.There is a place mentioned by a relative ,Rockenhausen would this help in finding the place for the certificates? My great grandfather was born in 1888, his brothers 1874 and 1878 ,third one maybe earlier.

steuer
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi Phifer,
I hope this is of help to you. I think until 1945 this village was in Bavaria now it is in the state of Rheinland-Pfalz (see here http:
//verwaltungsgeschichte.de/rockenhausen.html. What you need is the "familienbuch" from the local Gemeinde which are stored from my understanding at the local Rathaus... the department is the Standesamt. The website is www.
rockenhausen.de/verbandsgemeinde_rockenhausen/index.phtml?ionasFrameCheckName=frmInhalt&ionasFrameCheckUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rockenhausen.d e%2Fhaupt%2Fmenue%2Frathaus%2Fgrusswort%2Fgrusswor t%2Findex.phtml%3Freferrer%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fww w.rockenhausen.de%252F and the contacts for records is on there.

From the Bavarian Gazeteer:
www.
progenealogists.com/germany/bavaria/bav_spit.htm

Stahlberg (Place), Rockenhausen (District), Pfalz (Province), Dielkirchen (Evangelical Parish), Bayerfeld (Catholic Parish).

Good luck!