PDA

View Full Version : West Midlands?

leannehdack
24-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Is there a family history group in or around dudley does any one know?

SBSFamilyhistory
24-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Try contrcting the local council or Dudley Library, they should be able to put you in touch if any such group exists.

birdlip
24-09-2007, 12:09 PM
This site covers Dudley;

The Birmingham & Midland Society
regards birdlip

p.s. hmmm, not quite sure what happened there. I had the direct web address there for you, but it seems to have been edited out. Presumably that constituted advertising Bo Peep? Then I'm a bit unclear what's allowed and what's not. Sorry.

leannehdack
24-09-2007, 2:17 PM
thank you:)

Peter Goodey
24-09-2007, 3:26 PM
Perhaps this might be one for your bookmarks...

http://www.genuki.org.uk/Societies/index.html

charlie7
25-09-2008, 10:45 AM
there is a family history society for Smethwick in Smethwick History website,there are also family history groups in some local churches,my advice is try your local church that has a lot going on besides church business. The Smethwick one is based in Bearwood and they do family history twice a month

paulina1948
16-01-2009, 11:04 PM
The birmingham libary has all the information about family history societies in the aria

Jane Gee
16-01-2009, 11:10 PM
We are lucky in Birmingham to have Professor Carl Chinn championing the west midlands area for history plus defending our acents which vary from area to area, he is very passionate about this subject and his book They worked all their lives about women of the inner city based alot on Birmingham but can be related to elsewhere makes excellent reading. He has written other books and promotes local history societies and their books on his radio show as much as he possibly can.

Mutley
16-01-2009, 11:31 PM
This site covers Dudley;

The Birmingham & Midland Society
regards birdlip

p.s. hmmm, not quite sure what happened there. I had the direct web address there for you, but it seems to have been edited out. Presumably that constituted advertising Bo Peep? Then I'm a bit unclear what's allowed and what's not. Sorry.

BIRDLIP - If we Mods edit a link we normally say why in the little edit box:confused:

As Bo Peep has agreed it, stick it in again and I'll personally |nutkick|
anyone who tries to remove it. :)

birdlip
17-01-2009, 2:58 AM
Mutley, with you to protect me, I'll try anything twice!!

Actually, this was so long ago, I'd forgotten all about it. I'll have to hunt through and see if I can find the link again.....

birdlip
17-01-2009, 3:00 AM
OK....here tis

bmsgh.org/

LittleSpark
07-02-2009, 9:06 AM
Is there a family history group in or around dudley does any one know?

Hi Leanne,
Try Dudley Archives & Local History Services, Mount Pleasant St. Coseley. West Midlands. email address: archivescentre@dudley.gov.uk

Barry B
26-09-2009, 8:18 PM
Try this site for the Dudley area: communigate.co.uk/bc/fdalhs/index.phtml

Baz