PDA

View Full Version : DREW in St Stephen in Brannel

GeoffD
22-08-2007, 6:27 AM
Seeing as how the powers that be have made a whole new place available, I am getting the ball rolling with a general query about the times 'my mob' appeared to make St Stephen in Brannel their home.

My 5th great grandfather, Edward DREW, was baptised here on 29 June 1685, the son of Robert DREW and Blanch ?, both of whom hailed from either St Stephen in Brannel or St Austell (still unclear). Edward married Deborah BENNETT (baptised 24 January 1699, buried 14 August 1722, all in St Stephen in Brannel, but died in Ladock) on 17 February 1717. Their known children were baptised in Ladock.

Edward's siblings Robert (b.c.1688) and John (b.c.1691) were both baptised in Ladock. St Stephen in Brannel hardly rates a mention again in the descendants of Edward DREW. Not one of my collaborators has any info on the descendants of these two gents.

When I look at the IGI transcriptions for St Stephen in Brannel and Ladock, I am faced with a goodly selection of 'possibles' with no way, that I have yet devised, of sorting them out. Is there anybody else out there researching the descendants of Edward's siblings, Robert and John?