PDA

View Full Version : Harry Williams CORNER b. 1896 South Shields

Brett
21-11-2004, 8:25 AM
I am looking for any descendants or family of Harry Williams CORNER, who was born in South Shields, Durham on 5 Sep 1896. The following outline of his immediate family was found using the 1891 & 1901 Census, and FreeBMD:

Richard Williams CORNER b. 1864 South Shields DUR m: 1888 Harriet Matilda PROUD b. c1865-66 South Shields DUR
Children:
- Anthony Proud CORNER b. 1893 South Shields DUR
- Harry Williams CORNER b. 5 Sep 1896 South Shields DUR
- Annie CORNER b. 1899 South Shields DUR

Harry CORNER emigrated to Canada, and enlisted in the CEF for World War One at Winnipeg, Manitoba in November 1914. I would appreciate any help in finding family members.

Regards and best wishes,

Jo Simpsons
15-01-2005, 7:22 PM
Have you found the family in 1881? You can search on line for free at

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

I have had a look and can only see 2 Richards, one around the age was living in Westoe, he was a clerk. His Father George a boiler Smith Does that sound like him? Can send you the image if you want it?
Jo :)

KCalderwood
19-01-2005, 7:36 PM
Hi there, I don't know if this is any use to you but I have Corner ancestors. Although mine came from Monkhesledon and Redmarshall, I can track the surname up my true to about 1756.

If its of any use, let me know :)

Kay

smallthings
20-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Brett

Do you have any info from the 1851 census? I have the name index and there are a few PROUDS and CORNERS. Let me know if that's any use.

Jan

Brett
23-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Dear Jo, Kay & Jan,

Many thanks very much for your combined input, which I've just read as I've been away on holiday.

Jo - Yes, I've seen the family on the 1881 Census, thank you.
Kay - Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for this particularly branch.
Jan - No, I haven't seen the 1851 Census data, but I'm more interested in tracking the family forwards, in the hope that some close family member might have information on Harry William Corner.

Regards and best wishes,

Brett

Jo Simpsons
23-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi Bret,
hope you had a nice holiday!
I realised after I had posted what you were looking for and the fact you were actually a moderator. :o
Have you looked on genesreunited? There is an Anthony Proud Corner 1893 on there from a lady called Lynda. You may have seen but just in case.
Also I have heard many good reports on lost cousins. Not that I have found any relatives from there but many have.
Good luck :)
Jo

Brett
24-01-2005, 1:06 AM
Dear Jo,

Thanks for your tip about the entry on. Unfortunately, I'm not a member, but I did find an entry by the same Lynda on a Rootsweb Mailing List, and have contacted her for any further details she might have.

The holiday was great, thank you!

Regards and best wishes, Brett

smallthings
24-01-2005, 1:28 AM
Hi Brett

Let me know if and when you want info from 1851.

Jan