PDA

View Full Version : CANNINGS & DUDMAN of Ludgershall

oldphart
31-07-2007, 1:55 AM
I have unsourced records that my mother obtained many years ago for the above families.

Here's what I have:

Sarah CANNINGS b. 1828 Ludgershall d. 11 May 1897, Armidale NSW, Australia, dau of John CANNINGS and Maria Ann DUDMAN m. 17 Aug 1846 to Daniel John HUTTON at "Ollera", Guyra, NSW Australia

John CANNINGS b. 1805, Ludgershall d. 1845 "Ollera", Guyra, NSW, Australia son of James CANNINGS and Martha REEVE, m. Maria Ann DUDMAN b. 1802, Ludgershall d. 6 Jan 1884 "Moredun", Guyra, NSW, Australia, dau of Thomas DUDMAN and Ann FRAMPTON.

If anyone has further details, particulary sources for the above families, please contact me here or by email.

Wobbley
28-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Source MLB (Mariage License Bonds)
Groom: Thomas DUTMAN: aged 27: occupation victualler: residing at Milford, WILTS: bachelor.
Bride: Ann FRAMPTON: aged 22: residing at Salisbury St Edmund, WILTS: spinster.
Bondsmen: Isaac PETTY, carpenter, Salisbury, WILTS
Date 8th Dec 1795

Baptism ? ?
Ann Maria Dudman: Dau of Thomas & Sarah Dudman
Baptised 20th Sep 1835 at Vernham Dean, Hampshire
Notes: of Ludgershall

Brian

oldphart
29-09-2007, 2:11 AM
Thanks for those couple of pieces of info. The first one looks likely. How do I get a look at these marriage bonds?

Michael Lightfoot
Canberra, Australia

idredge
29-09-2007, 4:02 PM
You would have to write to the Wiltshire records office or the Wiltshire Society. If its the Wiltshire records office the Trowbridge office has now shut but a new one is opening in Chippenham in November.

You could also try the IGI and Hugh Wallis batch numbers for the parish records. They may not be on there but they are adding all the time.

Good Luck

Irene