PDA

View Full Version : Richard James and John Green marriages

Philezra
24-07-2007, 9:30 PM
Hi

A bit unsure here

I have a Mary James born March 1857 in Camborne whose parents were James James and Jane Green - they were married in 10 November 1855 in Illogan

The marriage cert states that James father was Richard but Richard seems to be deceased as James' mother Jane is a widow.

IGI does not have a marriage for Richard James and Jane from this area - the only marriage in 1810s (I quote this because Anna James came back to the family in 1851 census as a widow and is 34) is in St Hilary - Jane was born in Gerrans so there isn't much logic to suggest this is it.

In 1881 census Mary is living with mother and also Jane Green, 78 (mother-in-law of Jane James

In 1861 census, John Green is 70, Jane Green is 58, both living alone (together)

In 1851 census, John Green is 56(!), jane is 50 and daughter Jane 22 (this is the one mentioned initially in the post)

There is no baptism for Jane Green 1827-1831 in Cornwall

I just need some clarification here for both families so I can find the right lines back

many thanks
Phil

there is a marriage for John Green and Jane Trevarthen 24 april 1824...

Philezra
31-07-2007, 6:43 AM
Hi there

many thanks for your suggestions

Where did you get your info re: Jane Green (Bo Peep)? I'm pretty certainn John Green married Jane Trevarthen 24/4/1824 - I have a copy of the entry from the register

With regard to OPCs, do i actually CONTACT them with a view to them looking the names up?

Have been on the Cornwall OPC and just done a search for baptism of Jane Green but nothing ties in with 1829.............

Phil

MarkJ
31-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi there

With regard to OPCs, do i actually CONTACT them with a view to them looking the names up?

Have been on the Cornwall OPC and just done a search for baptism of Jane Green but nothing ties in with 1829.............

Phil

Yes, if they don't have a website, or the information you need isn't on their site if they do have one, then contact the OPC. Most - if not all - have an email address to which enquiries can be directed.
Like all volunteer services, you may need to be patient - many OPCs will respond quite quickly, others can take a little longer but you should get a response after a week or two.
Speaking from my own experience as the guy who creates the website for one of the OPCs, it is possible that they will have other data which is not online for some reason - for example I have transcribed two burial grounds in my parish, but only one is actually online - the other contains details of people who died fairly recently and I felt it was inappropriate to place those details online. Some data is always coming in and I tend to only update when I have enough changes to make it worthwhile, so it pays to ask the OPC :)

Mark

Philezra
31-07-2007, 2:30 PM
thanks mark and bopeep

I shall look into the OPC stuff - that sounds promising!

I am hoping to go to CRO in early September are you there quite often - i've been a couple of times...........than you all again

best wishes

Phil