PDA

View Full Version : Phillips/Rees

zane
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi

Here goes, hope it makes sense!

Well my maternal grandfather was called Evan Oliver Phillips, he was born in 1909 in Pontypridd and died in Dorset in 1996. His father was called David Phillips and his mother was called Ellen Rees, I have purchased their marriage certificate, they were married in the Tabernacle Baptist Chapel on 25th December 1890, both aged 21, my g grandfather (David) was a collier and at time of marriage lived in Cilfynydd, his father was called John Phillips, his trade was a timberman? I believe my grandfather Evan had a sister called Janet and a brother called Tudor, I found a poss match in the 1901 Wales Census, there is a Janet T Phillips and a brother called David but no mention of a Tudor, now I am thinking that David possibly died young which is why my grandfather didnt know of him and Tudor was not born then, I have found a poss match for Tudor, his name is Tudor Rees Phillips and born in 1903, in Pontypridd. In the 1901 census they were living with Ellens parents who were called David and Mary Rees, but this is only guesswork any one able to help me? Thanks