PDA

View Full Version : A surprising discovery

Azhria Lilu
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
You guys have helped me so much with some parts of my research. So I thought you might be interested to hear of a discovery myself and a new-found relative of my partner's made last week.

We have a black and white photographin our possession of a very beautiful woman who according to my partner's family they could only recall as Sable. No one was certain if she was just someone an ancestor had known or was a relative in some way.

Well, this other relative of my partner's whom I discovered during my research sent a copy of the picture to an older relative of hers who recognised her and remembered her.

Turns out Sable is actually called Sagle... she died in 2003 and left 11 MILLION to the local hospital in Norfolk!!!!!!!!!!!! She was a distant relative on Gary's (my partner) side ...
If anyone here is researching the Honeywood's - then you'll find Sagle born to one of Francis Honeywood's daughters (I can't remember which one, offhand). Her birth name was Sagle Thoms and married a Mr (can't remember his first name) Bernstein.

I'll come back and edit this post with all the unremembered information as soon as I can get to my folder with the info in ;)

*edit*
Bother.. I've just realised I posted this in the wrong forum. If a moderator would move it to the correct spot, I'd appreciate it! :) thanks

Davran
05-03-2007, 5:03 PM
Wow, Azhria!! Pity she didn't leave the other million to your partner. I wonder where the name Sagle came from?

Azhria Lilu
05-03-2007, 5:22 PM
Family rumour says it might have gypsy connotations, but I haven't researched the name itself yet.

As for the money, yeah it would have been nice to see some.... wouldn't want much lol... we have six kids and one not-so-great income :D