PDA

View Full Version : Ireland BMD's

Deborah_Wall
02-02-2007, 1:44 PM
Hi

If anyone can help, I would be delighted.

My ggg Grandfather was born Tullow, Carlow, Ireland, he was in England in 1881 as he appears on the census.

His first child was born in 1871 in Durham, but I can't find a marriage there, and there records apparently are complete for marriages.

There is nothing for UK BMD's either.

How do I access the Irish one's, to see if it there, and then order the cert from the GRO.

Any advice would be appreciated.

His wifes name as far as we know, was Mary Macdonald(sic)

Thanks
Debbie

get2BJ
05-02-2007, 9:37 PM
My ggg Grandfather was born Tullow, Carlow, Ireland, he was in England in 1881 as he appears on the census.....His wifes name as far as we know, was Mary Macdonald(sic)
What was his name? Many lists have been compiled but nothing approaching the scale of coverage of what we have in UK with FreeBMD etc, or even the Scottish Index on Scotland's People.

You may find something here: http://www.from-ireland.net/gene/district.htm
or better still here: http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/frame_1280.cfm where they claim to have 3.6 million searchable free records.

If you post his name, I will keep a look out for you on all the many sites I visit as all my ancestors were from the north or south of Ireland:rolleyes: !!!

Brenda

Deborah_Wall
06-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Sorry, don't know why I didn't pu his name, its Owen Morris

Thanks

Debbie

laroc
24-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Is there any way to search for a birth record without knowing where the birth might have taken place?
I am searching for my Grandmother Annie Lindsell's birth certificate and have drawn a blank in the BMD's here, neither can I find her in the census which leads me to think she might have been born in Ireland as I can remember my Mother saying she was part Irish.
Any help would be wonderful.
Many thanks
Carol

DebbieAnn
01-03-2007, 6:50 PM
Deborah,

There is an Owen Morris in the 1871 census in Jarrow, Durham with wife Mary and 11-mo-old daughter Margaret, all born Ireland. If this is your family, it looks like they were married in Ireland and came over right after the baby's birth. She may have died before the next census... Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 5039; Folio: 52; Page: 66

Debbie

DebbieAnn
01-03-2007, 7:12 PM
There is a death for Margaret Morris, age 1, in So. Shields, Co. Durham in Sep qtr 1871 (vol 10a pg 522). Jarrow is in So. Shields. You could send for this certificate, and it may give you more info...

Debbie

Deborah_Wall
02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi Debbie

That I think is them, never knew about Margaret, and, we thought Mary was born York.

So It looks more likely that they did marry in Ireland.
Will go and have a look at that census (wonders why I didn't find it earlier)

Debbie