PDA

View Full Version : Sincock 1851/1861

Brian Turnbull
05-01-2007, 5:49 AM
Forgot to mention in prvious post the the index for 1850 births does not show a Levinia. There are no death indexes for the 1850/51 for Levinia either.
Brian

norland
30-04-2008, 2:24 PM
Hi Brian,Im a newby also researching Sincock ,My 4gggg was Joseph Sincock Married to Elizabeth vivian 1820 St Stephen in Brannel ,They had 4 children ,including Samuel and Joseph, are these any of your relations?

Brian Turnbull
01-05-2008, 6:19 AM
Norland, thanks for your interest in my Sincock line. For what I have found so far they are all from around the Helston, Redruth, Crowan area of Cornwall. Jacob and his wife Elizabeth (no maiden name yet) were married some time prior to 1825 when their first child Jacob was born.He married a Mary Richards in 1842 and they subsequently migrated to South Australia with their family to be part of the Cornish diaspora in that state.
There are Johns, William and William Johns of the males. The Williams' seem to disappear from Cornwall after 1881 and I don't know where they went, may have been to Yks.
My Yks connections are the Turnbull family who were all potters. They were originally in the Leeds area, Hunslet, Newsam, Swillington, Woodhouse, but then of Knottingly and Ferrybridge. Two boys emigrated, one to Australia in 1856 and one to USA in 1883. The remaining son's decendants moved to Staffordshire late 1880's and are still in the area, but not as potters now as far as I know.
Brian