PDA

View Full Version : Tambling

Geoff Wycherley
23-11-2006, 7:56 PM
Trying to trace relatives of Charles Henry Tambling,born Runcorn Cheshire 1883 ,left the Uk between the 1891 and 1901 census with his Aunt and Uncle Samuel and Martha Haggar destination in Australia unknown.

Can anybody help

Fiona67
24-11-2006, 9:16 PM
Hi Geoff
I could find some Haggars in the NSW bdm but nothing that connects to yours unfortunately.

Fiona

steuer
24-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Hi Geoff,
I've just had a look over the Queensland indexes to 1914, nothing there. I don't have access to the QLD records past that point, sorry.

Nor could I find anything in Victoria to 1985, nor New South Wales or Western Australia...

I do not have the South Australian discs, so that and the QLD records post 1914 are the last places to look. I also tried the National Library website search but didn't find anything there either... sorry mate.

Good luck finding them,
Bridget.

Procat
24-11-2006, 11:14 PM
I can not find any of them in the Australian electoral roll for 1903/1909 (year varies depending on which state).

Nor can I find them in NSW, Vic, SA or QLD indexes. Are you sure it was Aus and not USA/Canada perhaps?

steuer
25-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Or maybe New Zealand?

Geoff Wycherley
25-11-2006, 4:35 PM
First a big thank you to fiona67,stuer,procat
Your help has been very much appreciated.
Charles Tambling has been my most elusive of relatives to try and trace as I put he disapeared with his Aunt & Uncle between the two uk censuses.I have tried the different web pages for the Uk without success.

The American Ellis Island web page did not show him arriving in New York. Nor did a search in New Zealnd. I have looked at the Canadian sites, which are very good, but again no suucess.

With luck something will turn up.

once again many thanks for you help

blue eyes
25-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Could these be your missing ancestors?

1891 census

Martha Haggar age 41 born Runchorn, Cheshire
Samuel Haggar age 42 born Ipswich, Suffolk
Charles Hanwell age 8 nephew born Runcorn Cheshire

Civil Parish Chipping Barnet, Hertfordshire.

Geoff Wycherley
26-11-2006, 10:43 AM
These certainly are the relatives, apart from Charles changing his name to Hanwell, I have checked within the family re the Hanwell name no one knows of any. Checking the area he was born there are no Hanwells that could fit the picture.I assume he was adopted or something of that like as his mother died when he was twelve months old and he does not appear to be living with his father and older brother after that.

The 1891 census is the last time I found them, from this point they disapear, Samuel is shown in the Kellys register for 1891 Chipping Barnet, after that nothing.

The 1901 census gives no insight, nor does FMB, or Ancestry

Thanks very much for your help,it is very much appreciated, it will turn out that on the day of my demise he will be stood at the bottom of the bed.