PDA

View Full Version : Looking for James Tegg....

sherrilee
20-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi I am looking for a James Tegg who was married to Jenny or Jane Deacon they had a son named John Tegg born in 1771. I know the family had more children I just am not sure on how many and names of all the children. I do know they lived in Chievely at the time of John's birth and John was buried in Bucklebury at St. Marys. Prior to Johns birth James and Jenny (Jane) may have been living somewhere else and all I have are their names. I do know they must have been married prior to 1765. I was wondering if anyone had any information on James or his wife Jenny (Jane) Deacon. I am having trouble finding any information on this particular line of my family. Since I am in Michigan (USA) I am unable to access alot of information I would love to look up in the UK. Any information would be of great help and greatly apreciated.

Harry
21-11-2006, 5:52 PM
On the IGI there are 6 births to James and Jane TEGG(E) between 1762 and 1780 in Chieveley Berks. They are all extracted records - you can view for yourself at
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

Harry

sherrilee
21-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Thank you very much for your help it is greatly appreciated and I will defiantly keep the web site you listed in my favorites.

Katkins
16-08-2008, 2:50 PM
Hi Sherrali

I too am chasing a Tegg but I do not have any connections to your James Tegg that I know of. But I have been stuck on finding parents of a John Tegg that was in the next village to Bucklebury. I have a thread open regarding this on brickwalls. Have a look at that and see if you may get any info from that.

I also have information of a family that may be connected to yours. I will let him know that you are also searching.

Keep in touch.

Regards
Katkins

Victoria Sellwood Turner
23-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi I am looking for a James Tegg who was married to Jenny or Jane Deacon they had a son named John Tegg born in 1771. I know the family had more children I just am not sure on how many and names of all the children. I do know they lived in Chievely at the time of John's birth and John was buried in Bucklebury at St. Marys. Prior to Johns birth James and Jenny (Jane) may have been living somewhere else and all I have are their names. I do know they must have been married prior to 1765. I was wondering if anyone had any information on James or his wife Jenny (Jane) Deacon. I am having trouble finding any information on this particular line of my family. Since I am in Michigan (USA) I am unable to access alot of information I would love to look up in the UK. Any information would be of great help and greatly apreciated.

Hi there,
Both James and Jane Tegg bee Deacon were buried at Chieveley 1794 and 1783 respectively. Unfortunately no age at death was given. Son John marr Martha Edwards. I have 7 children for them, some with marriages. I have 9 children for James and Jane Tegg. They married prior to 1756 but I don't have that marriage.
Regards
Victoria