PDA

View Full Version : Orleton Middle House

debco
11-11-2006, 3:00 AM
Looking for any information regarding Orleton House (referred to as Middle House in mid to late 1800's. Specifically the period when the house was occupied by the Davis family. Thomas Henry Davis was born 1808 and christened at Eastham. He married late in life to Mary Ann Cooke. Would be grateful for any information anyone else might have. Thomas Henry Davis is my husband's great-great grandfather.

Debbie

Lottie
12-11-2006, 3:02 AM
Debbie

I have located Thomas Henry Davis still single ,living in Middle House in 1841, 1851 and 1861 Census . Living in the Household in all instances is his Widowed Mother Hannah.
If you would like the details I can send them off- forum.

Nothing I own has anything about Middle House at Orleton.

The following could be siblings of Thomas Henry plus his own Baptism !
!Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 19 Mar 1808 Thomas Henry, s. of Thomas & Hannah Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Buried. Buried. Buried. County: Worcestershire Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 19 Mar 1808 Thomas Henry, s. of Thomas & Hannah Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Buried. Buried. Buried. County: Worcestershire Country: England 26 Aug 1792 John, s. of Thomas & Mary Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 28 Jul 1811 Caroline, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis. Country: England 26 Aug 1792 John, s. of Thomas & Mary Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 28 Jul 1811 Caroline, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis.

Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marr. Buried. County: Worcestershire Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 19 Mar 1808 Thomas Henry, s. of Thomas & Hannah Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Buried. Buried. Buried. County: Worcestershire Country: England 26 Aug 1792 John, s. of Thomas & Mary Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 28 Jul 1811 Caroline, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis. Country: England 26 Aug 1792 John, s. of Thomas & Mary Davis. Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 28 Jul 1811 Caroline, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis.

Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 22 May 1809 Anne, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis.

Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 22 May 1809 Anne, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis.

Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 22 Feb 1795 Sarah, d. of Thomas & Mary Davis.

%0iages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 22 May 1809 Anne, d. of Thomas & Hannah Davis. </P>

Worcestershire: Eastham, Hanley William - Parish Registers (Christenings, Marriages, Burials), 1572-1812 Baptized. Baptized. Baptized. County: Worcestershire Country: England 22 Feb 1795 Sarah, d. of Thomas & Mary Davis.

I'll keep looking and send another posting if I locate anything more !

Lottie

Lottie
12-11-2006, 3:35 AM
Debbie
Have you checked out these Web Sites ?
http://www.orletonvillage.co.uk/

http://www.ewgreen.org.uk/orleton-2.htm

http://orletonhouse.co.uk/

THis is a Family Tree of the Davis Family of Orleton.

http://members.optushome.com.au/virgospace/familyhistory/davies-reynolds.html

hth
Lottie
New Zealand

debco
25-03-2007, 12:39 AM
I did have the census info with his mother, Hannah as the other occupant. What I've really been looking for is anything taking the family back from that point, particularly his father. The site in Australia looks promising, but I've looked at the parish register film for Eastham and Orleton with little success. Perhaps I'll need to take another look. There is a site for Orleton Middle House at:

http://www.orletonhouse.co.uk/index.html

I'm not sure if the links for Orleton, Hereford refer to the same place as Orleton, Worcester, but I do know that Orleton is extremely close to the border between the two counties.

Incidentally, Thomas Henry's mother was a Harford from Eastnor, Hereford.

Thanks for the information.:)