PDA

View Full Version : Co Durham Marriages

Tony Walker
29-09-2006, 1:58 PM
Please bear with me if this is old news, but I've just joined here (from another well known site) and this is my first post!

I can now decipher most of the churches from the Durham County Council on-line registrar certificates. It saves a huge amount of time when at the records office. If anybody wants any doing, let me know!

Also - Hi to all the people with research interests in Durham. If I can help, I will.

Look forward to speaking to you all

Tony

henrybea
10-11-2006, 4:41 PM
Hi
i have beeen trying to get the church and other details for this marriage.
but i have just emailed Gateshead reg off who kindly gave me the Ref.no
and then i saw your post ,what a stroke of luck
does your list cover Gateshead

my Marriage is
Ref CE53-1/406
Marriages Jun 1878
Gateshead vol 10a p.876

TINDALE James
Fanning Jullian

Thanks Isabel

Tony Walker
16-11-2006, 6:41 PM
Isabel,

There was a split in the Durham Register Offices at some stage and both Sunderland and Gateshead held their own records.

Sadly, my "list" doesn't cover Gateshead.

However, I've done a bit of digging and I THINK the church may be St Thomas in Collierley, other than that I'm not much help - sorry.

All the best

Tony

henrybea
17-11-2006, 9:32 AM
Thanks for trying Tony
Regards Isabel

rihuggett
23-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I can now decipher most of the churches from the Durham County Council on-line registrar certificates. Tony

Hi, how do you get hold of these on-line registrat certificates? Is this available upon request of a BMD marriage reference like what is given in freebmd? Do you have to mail Durham CC with this info and/or names of the parties involved? Do you have an email address to get the registrat certs?

Sorry to appear thick, but I need more help here.

Thanks, rihuggett.

Pat English
24-01-2007, 7:05 AM
Here is the link for getting certificates online from the General Register Office - only for registrations from 1837 onwards, of course.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You will need the reference number - such as:
Gateshead vol 10a page 876
and you will need to quote the year and the quarter - MARCH is for Jan/Feb/March; JUNE is for April/May/June; SEPTEMBER is July/August/September; DECEMBER is October/November/December.
You will also need the name of the person on the certificate.

You can pay online using a credit card.

I use this service a lot and it is excellent.

Best wishes,
Pat

Hi, how do you get hold of these on-line registrat certificates? Is this available upon request of a BMD marriage reference like what is given in freebmd? Do you have to mail Durham CC with this info and/or names of the parties involved? Do you have an email address to get the registrat certs?

Sorry to appear thick, but I need more help here.

Thanks, rihuggett.

Tony Walker
30-01-2007, 9:47 AM
Hi,

If your marriage is in Co Durham, this link will help:

http://www.durham.gov.uk/gro/newgro.nsf/search?open&C0688242190319032006$

Once you find the marriage, there is an on-line application form and on there is a code. From that you can identify which church the marriage took place at.

Tony

Jessicalily
05-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi Tony
Can you tell me where these two marriages would have been

DCCE27/2 -209 - Durham Central 1854

DCREG 36-114 - DURHAM CENTRAL 1880

Jessica

Tony Walker
06-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi

DCCE27 is St Lawrence Pittington and the marriage is recorded in Index No 2, entry number 209. If you would like a photograph of the church send me a private message with your e-mail address.

Sorry, I can't give much detail on the other as it is a registry office - which one I'm not sure but I think that is Durham.

Does that help?

Regards

Tony

Murtonia
21-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Hello Tony,

Just come across your thread and wondered how you figured out DCC code for their Churches. It would be brilliant if you could give us a few pointers and as you say would save hours when you get to the Records Office.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Happy hunting

Murtonia

ashleec86
15-09-2007, 9:30 AM
http://www.durham.gov.uk/gro/newgro.nsf/search?open&C0688242190319032006$

this site is great found out who my fathers others surname is who she married and when, and i have possibly found my x great grandparents, thanks

Tessaj1
22-09-2007, 8:29 PM
Looking for a Agnes Reid and John Moore marriages
1872 - 1875 Crook Durham area.
1891 census
Oldest child Agnes Moore b 1875 Billy Row,Crook.
Agnes age 44 (1847 Ireland ) and John age 43 (1848 Ireland ).

Any help Please have looked at index on 1837omline 1872 - 1875 no find hoping a parish record may come to light. Under Reed or Reid.
Theresa

jinxthecat
12-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi Tony My Name Is Julie Brignall.as I Am A Brignall I Am Trying Too Find Brignalls From Around This Area,i Have Been Too Duham Brignall Church Along Time Ago And Was Lucky Enogh Too Be Able Too Go Into The Church And Copy All The Brignalls Name That Signed The Book.my Brignalls Came From Settrington, Rillington And Wintringham I Am Sure The Brignalls From The Village Brignall Will Be Related Along The Way So Any Information On Brignalls Would Be Great,the Name Does Vary To Bignall In The 1700 Even Brinell.
Any Information Would Be A Great Help

Julie Brignall