PDA

View Full Version : Edward Lugg Ruan Major

cornish nett
11-09-2006, 1:03 PM
Is there any one out there who could help?.
I am trying to trace an elusive Edward Lugg who said he was from Ruan Major but noone can find a bapt record there, i have his marriage to Juliana Hendy at Gunwalloe 21st July 1819 and i found his children all baptised there, i have also got his dealth Cert dated 14 April 1883 and that hasn't helped. Opc for Grade and OPC for Cury, Ruan Major have Both helped and we all have come up against large brick walls .
Is there any Luggs who i can connect too?.

Deborah Tiley
12-09-2006, 12:29 AM
My records indicate that Edward was the son of Simon and Elizabeth (née PASCOE) LUGG
Their other children were:

James 1794
Christian 1795 married William SKEWIS
William 1800 married Eleanor SKEWIS
Henry 1807 married Mary TRELOAR

Hope this helps

Debbie

cornish nett
12-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Thank you Debbie will follow this up its another life line for me .
Janette

carolynaw
28-08-2007, 6:38 PM
Hi there - I have just joined as I am trying to locate Edwards parents too. I have just been to Gunwalloe and wandered around the graveyard there and find Edward's grave stone - although no clue to his parents :(

Where did you get the info for the parents? I can't locate a connection record

I can see that this is an old post so hope that you are still around:)

carolynaw
28-08-2007, 7:46 PM
I have not actually got the death cert - but the grave said
departed April 1883 age 85.

I can get the death cert - but I am guessing it will not give me any info about his parents.

carolynaw
28-08-2007, 8:13 PM
how do I do that? I bought the Ruan Major and Ruan Minor baptisms transcribed from the Parish Records - but nothing on there. Altough a lot of Lugg families

Dipsey
28-08-2007, 8:19 PM
I have not actually got the death cert - but the grave said
departed April 1883 age 85.

I can get the death cert - but I am guessing it will not give me any info about his parents.

Edward LUGG 85 yrs old 18th. April,1883 Berepper. Gunwalloe.

carolynaw
28-08-2007, 9:43 PM
that is so kind of you, thank you

carolynaw
29-08-2007, 9:57 PM
thank you for trying - I guess I have no way of finding a link then. Do you have any suggestions where I can look? I suppose it will be just other printed matter.

I have just realised it is your CDs I bought sometime ago to try and solve the mystery :)

IreneR
06-09-2007, 6:20 AM
Cant help with Edward but the name Lugg rang bell so I went hunting.

Joseph Lugg was a witness to marriage of Joseph Randle and Mary Ruskage in 1793 in ruan Major. So there were definately some Luggs around.

Loveday Randle married James Hendy (b 1777) in 1802. I would be curious to know what if any connection Juliana was to James Hendy.

James was I believe from Bocham and was the son of James Hendy and Jane Opey.

Irene

carolynaw
06-09-2007, 6:59 AM
I have info in my tree that says:
Juliana hendy 1795 - Dec 1859

I than have this info - but I know I have not seen the records - the information came from someone esles tree ...and in fact goes back a lot further than ths.
parents:
Joshua Hendy 1754 - 1801
Grace Shepherd 1754 - 1806

Parents of Joshua Hendy:
Joshua Hendy 1716 - 1765
Mary Opey 1726 - 1755

It is quite a mystery on Edward - there are baptisms around Edwards era that would fit as his siblings - but I can't find the connection, and if all of the family were in the church records I can understand why he is not there. There two sites that have the records now.

IreneR
06-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Carylnaw

Looks like the Opey and Hendys were into getting married; Your Josuah and Mary and my James and Jane.

Im sure there will be a link there and I will make a note to let you know if ever I find it.

Irene

cornish nett
15-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I have a copy of Edwards death it states his death as 14 April 1883 at Lidia Mills, Grade St Keverne and informant was his son in law Henry George it was on registered 25 April 1883 at Helston.
Edward's age given as 85 his occupation as porter in Helston Union (work house)he died of General decay .
Edward's Daughter Julianna Hannah Lugg married my great great grand father [Peter Courage Moyle].

carolynaw
15-09-2007, 3:12 PM
Thanks for the info - that is great. he certainly lived to agrand old age.

Did you find anything to link him to his parents apart from on here?

Edward is my GGG grandfather I think that is enough greats.

cornish nett
18-09-2007, 1:22 PM
I only found his parents from here even with the help of the parish clerks from the two Grades and surrounding areas i cound not find any baptism or birth for our Edward .

There was a James lugg and Mary Oliver who Christened a William in 1798 .

Edward Married Julian Hendy at Gunwalloe 21 July 1819 Julian HENDY was baptised at Gunwalloe 24 Nov 1794 her father was Joseph Hendy mother Elizabeth Grubb.

All the children were baptised at Gunwalloe Edward down as a labourer.
From where are you decended?

IreneR
19-09-2007, 6:35 AM
Hii

Okay Im probably wrong but if Julian parents were Joseph Hendy and Elizabeth Grubb that makes her brother James Hendy born 1793.

James I had some tentative information on but it conflicts a bit with what you have.

Parents (tentative) Of Joseph that I have listed are William Hendy and Catherine Wills.

Williams parents William Hendy and Julian Roberts.

We should compare notes sometime but as always if its not Randle related I have yet to document it so the names I have given you are just potentials.

NB James Grandson another James married a Randle !! That one I do know <grin>

cornish nett
25-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi
I have a James,son of Joseph and Elizabeth baptised Gunwalloe 10 Jan 1794 , i too have Josephs parents down as William Hendy and Catherine and like you only collected information about the Hendys and lugg's because they married into my family Moyle .
So what i have is not much .
Another branch that married into the Moyle's are Lugg Chins, how they had the name of lugg connected to chinn is still a mystery at present.

kristopher21
11-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi i have done a lot of research on Edward Lugg ,s family from Raun major
can i help i have his family going back to the 1600s

carolynaw
11-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I have not been doing much on me tree for a while, and I am sure I missed the post about Julians (or Juliana) parents. I had them down as Joshua Hendy and Grace Shpeherd, I think I must have seen this as a post in my early days of record keeping and have not made proper notes.

I have put most of the tree on a web site here:
www.
familytree.craftsbycarolyn.co.uk/
and also have put all of the photos of the Lugg graves - which might be useful to someone.

My line is up from my Mother following the fathers:
Grandfather Thomas Freeman Lugg b1890
Edward Lugg b1854 (moved to London)
Thomas Henry Lugg b1826 (have a photo of this gravestone)
Edward Lugg b1798

Any info is always welcome

kristopher21
12-07-2010, 1:05 AM
hi the edward lugg you are looking for is the son of simon lugg and mother was elizabeth [pascoe] they were married 26 nov 1793
there children are [james ][ edward ] [william my gggrandfather ] [henry] [christian]
simon lugg 1st marriage was to christian dale they married 20 may 1777 christian was buried 2 march 1785
there children were [jacob ] [simon] [joseph ] [thomas]

simon luggs parents were alexander lugg married 1736 mary dale
alexander luggs parents were george lugg married 11 june 1683 jane james
george father was also named george married 1647 no mention of his wifes name
georges parents were thomas lugg married 16 jan 1614 to fayth andrew
i have all there brothers and sisters of each line where they married and who to where they lived and where buried

carolynaw
12-07-2010, 5:40 PM
Thank you for the info, how do you know they are his parents - I couldn't find any records?

carolynaw
12-07-2010, 9:52 PM
I seem to have picked up different parents for Julian Hendy - there are two that were baptised within a few months of each other - so maybe I have gone down the wrong route with that :( I have Joshua and Grace shepherd.

kristopher21
13-07-2010, 1:13 AM
hi carolyn
the imformation i have on julian hendy is she the daughter of joseph hendy bapt 23 nov 1794 at gunwalloe
married by banns on 21 july1819 at gunwalloe buried 23 dec 1860 at gunwalloe

carolynaw
05-08-2010, 7:52 PM
hi the edward lugg you are looking for is the son of simon lugg and mother was elizabeth [pascoe] they were married 26 nov 1793
there children are [james ][ edward ] [william my gggrandfather ] [henry] [christian]
simon lugg 1st marriage was to christian dale they married 20 may 1777 christian was buried 2 march 1785
there children were [jacob ] [simon] [joseph ] [thomas]

simon luggs parents were alexander lugg married 1736 mary dale
alexander luggs parents were george lugg married 11 june 1683 jane james
george father was also named george married 1647 no mention of his wifes name
georges parents were thomas lugg married 16 jan 1614 to fayth andrew
i have all there brothers and sisters of each line where they married and who to where they lived and where buried

I have been checking through the info on Simon Lugg - born in 1737 - he was very old and still having children - as late as 1807 for Henry :)