PDA

View Full Version : Queensland marriage index lookup please? mid 1920s

ChristineR
29-08-2006, 2:46 AM
I am hoping someone might have, or have access to, microfiche of the Queensland marriage index covering the mid 1920s. I am looking for the reg number for the marriage of my grandmother, Millie WHILEY, to Robert Harvey DRUMMOND. Millie is her name, not a nickname, but Robert's surname could be DRUMOND. The marriage took place at Helidon.

Shortly after marriage they moved to Victoria, as my mum believes that all her siblings were born here. The eldest child was born 1926, so I expect the marriage to be before that.

thank you
Christine

Kymbo
30-08-2006, 4:34 AM
Hi Christine

I'm on the Gold Coast & next time I'm at my family history group (hopefully
tomorrow), I will look it up for you.

If you want me to look up anything else, just reply before tomorrow 9amAEST
& I can see what I can find for you

Kym

ChristineR
30-08-2006, 6:38 AM
this is my only request thanks. I've emailed Qld BDM to request the price for the set of fiche that covers 1925 (apparently you can buy them in 5 year lots) but if you find anything I will not need to! I just do not want to order the marriage cert if it didn't happen at all.

I would expect the marriage to be 1925, mum says that Millie fell pregnant and that was the reason they married - and she said her eldest sibling was born Sept 1925 (not 1926 that I said before)

Thanks Kym, I hope you have a successful visit for yourself too.
Christine :)

Kymbo
31-08-2006, 9:10 AM
Hi Christine

Yep, found them

Married 24 Feb 1926

Rego # 000420

Spelling....Millie WHILEY and Robert Harvey DRUMMOND

That'll save you some money

Kym

ChristineR
31-08-2006, 9:46 AM
Hi Kym

I am so happy for that - and 1926 after all - I was just so scared that they never married :D as I really need whatever info is going to be on that marriage certificate.

Today I was going through my notes and I was reminded that last October I had requested a WW1 file for a Robert Holland born Lancashire to be digitalized - only because my Robert Drummond, born Scotland, had used the surname Holland when he enlisted in WW2, and this Robert Holland was also a bootmaker. So I was pretty stoked to find it was my grandfather - I didn't even know if he was in Australia at this time! the file even contained a letter from him (still posing as Robert Holland) in 1928. What a fibber. But at least I know he was in Victoria in 1928.

So, a good day all round in the pursuit of my granddad. I shall order the marriage right away.

many thanks again
Christine

Fiona67
31-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Great news Christine, good that you finally found their marriage

Fiona