PDA

View Full Version : Watters of Haltwhistle

Elgar
21-08-2006, 5:43 AM
I'm helping a friend who is looking for the Death of a relative in Haltwhistle around 1961. The name is Isobel/Isabella/Bella Watters - can anyone do a look up for me please?
Thank you very much
Elgar, Perth, West Oz.

willow
21-08-2006, 1:36 PM
I checked the Death Index from 1959-1963 & can't find this person listed.

Sue

Elgar
23-08-2006, 5:51 AM
Hi Sue, thanks for your help, do you by chance have indexes for towns near Haltwhistle i.e. Hexam, Haydon etc?
Would you mind looking around for me? Thanks very much
Elgar

willow
24-08-2006, 10:02 AM
I checked the GRO Death Index which covers all of England & Wales. Is it possible that Isobel/Isabella/Bella Watters died at in another year?

Sue

Elgar
25-08-2006, 6:55 AM
Hi Sue, thank you for all your help.
We're beginning to think that this date (1961) is a red herring, we were misled by a birth extract obtained in 1961 - the thought was that Isabella died around that time & the birth extract was obtained to establish relationship as Isabella died intestate.
I have found an Isabella Watters who died in 1970, Northumberland W and we now suspect this may be the person we're looking for. My friend will be in Haltwhistle in Sept and she will do some fossicking in cemetries etc while there.
If we could find her probabte papers that would help enormously.
Sadly, the person who had this info is now unable to recall stuff and we are working in the dark.
Thanks again and greetings from a damp day in Western Australia
Elgar