PDA

View Full Version : Pittendreigh

kineta
08-08-2006, 1:32 AM
Hello

I am researching my Pittendreigh line at the moment, there are 17 or so variations in the spelling of the name.

This is what I know so far about the family

My information is of little as my grans father (Frederick)died when she was 11.

All I do know is the her grandfather was called George, he had four sons, called Frederick, Selby, William and Robert.

My gran can remember her great Aunt Elizabeth who was born around 1855 - 1865, visiting the family in Leeds shortly before Frederick died in 1946. My Gran has also said that Elizabeth was in her late 80's early 90's.
Frederick was married twice, his 1st wife's name is unknown and they had no children, he then married Olive Woodcock( from Leeds).
I know he was born in 1896 and died 31st march 1946.
When he moved to Leeds he worked for Kirkstall Power Station and when he met Olive she lived in Featherstone(Leeds).
He was also in WW1 where he was invalided out of the army due to injury.
I know that he 27 years old when he married, I do not know if this was his first or second marriage.
And I dont know when he moved to Leeds.

As for Selby, he married and had several children, one of which was George (who emergrated to Australia), George has 3 sons Dion, Mark and ?,
I do know that Dion has 3 daughters.

As far as i know William may have died in the WW1, and Robert emergrated to Canada.

Any help would be lovely!!

Many Thanks

Kineta