PDA

View Full Version : TALBOT's of Shropshire

stevieb1
18-07-2006, 7:37 PM
I'm wondering if anyone can do a look-up for me on any of the CD-Roms archives that may be available covering early Shrops births, marriages and deaths.

I have a Mary Talbot b. 1717 at High Ercall, son of James Talbot and Mary Hazledine. James was born at Oswestry in 1691 being the son of Thomas Talbot and Elizabeth Vigers who married at Hinstock in 1688.

My problem is finding the right Thomas to trace the line back further. My guess is he was the one born in Worfield in 1657, the son of Thomas Talbot (born 3rd Sept 1631, Worfield) and Katherine Paston. This Thomas would then be the son of Robert Talbot and Anne Sheldon (though IGI also has a Thomas Talbot listed as born at Worfield on the 8 Sept, 1629 - so this in itself is confusing). Alternatively the Thomas who married Elizabeth above may have been the one born at Rodington, Shrops in 1665, the son of James Talbot.

I'd love to hear from anyone who can clear up this mystery or maybe add to the mystery.

Thanks in advance

Steven Blackwell

Lottie
19-07-2006, 1:29 AM
Steven

Sending you some TALBOT info. off- forum - taken from Ancestry Shropshire's Parish and Probate Records.
Will probably add to the confusion , but hopefully not ;)

Lottie
Downunder in New Zealand

tribi
11-08-2006, 3:21 PM
Steven
In one branch of my ancestors the Hazlewoods. I have in the family tree a Francis Hazlewood who married a Jane Talbot. Quote... Jane Talbot da. of Thomas (and Mary) Talbot of B.N. bap. c.May 1627.

B.N. being Bridgenorth.

Thomas Hazlewood son of Francis sold his inherited lands in Oldington in 1687, to Thomas Talbot of B.N. who would probably be the son of the above Thomas Talbot and brother of Jane.
Oldington is by Worfield.

Hope this helps a little.

Tribi