PDA

View Full Version : Wm Hy EUSTON

WaltonAus
29-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Hello everyone,
I am seeking information on Wm Hy EUSTON b:1913 in Inglewood Victoria to Walt Hy EUSTON and Mabel Jane LINES.
My GF Walton Harry EUSTON was shown as a widower (1914) on his 1917 marriage to my GM Ella Gertrude SMITH. On digger I have found a marriage btn Walt Hy EUSTON and Ruby Easton PRIGG in 1913. I have not been able to find a death for either Mabel Jane LINES or Ruby Easton PRIGG or any further info about Wm Hy EUSTON.
It may all be coincidental but I couldn't imagine too many Walt Hy EUSTON's in Victoria. Walton Harry's father was Wm EUSTON ... another hint?? at Wm Hy being Walton's son perhaps.
Also on Digger there is a birth of an unnamed female at C HILL in 1913 to Mabel Alice LINES & father unknown and a death of an (unnamed) LINES (no age) again to Mabel Alice LINES & father unknown..The other piece of puzzling info is an inquest report "want skilled attention" of an unnamed female (mother = Mabel Alice LINES) in 1913.
On digger it shows a marriage for Mabel Alice LINES to Albt Ernt PALMER in 1915.

Any help to understand the above events or to locate Walton Harry EUSTON's 1st wife would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Peter Euston

ChristineR
29-06-2006, 2:37 PM
It appears that the Walter Harry and Ruby PRIGG were still together in 1917. Now, this might not be the case, they could have separated and she used his name for an illigitimate child. (Mistranscribed in index as ENSTON - one of those upside down looking n's!)

Digger - Great War Index. Victoria 1914-1920
Surname: ENSTON
Given Names: Ronald
Event: B
Sex:
Spouse Surname/Father: Harry Walt
Spouse Gvn Names/Mother: Ruby Easton PRIGG
Birth Place: COLAC
Death Place:
Year: 1917
Reg. Number: 2473

:) Christine

ChristineR
29-06-2006, 3:00 PM
the death of Mabel Alice you mentioned...

Digger - Death Index. Victoria 1921-1985
Surname: PALMER
Given Names: Mabel Alice
Father: Lines Wm Rowland
Mother: Fanny Elizth JONES
Death Place: BELGRAVE
Age Code:
Year: 1927
Reg Number: 4220
Event: D

ChristineR
29-06-2006, 3:50 PM
As to the child to Mabel Alice - it sounds like the child has died shortly after birth "due to lack of skilled attention" by a doctor or midwife. If the child was born alive it was necessary to register the birth as well as death, and there would be an inquest because the death had to be certified under the circumstances. The mother may have had the child alone, and since she was unmarried there may have been the suspicion that she had killed the child. But obviously not due to the findings.

:) Christine

WaltonAus
30-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Hello Christine & thankyou for the time you took to research and reply. I greatly appreciate your help.
I have bought some certs but they did not clarify anything definately. I am looking at the odd details of Walton in Aust. while my search overseas is up against the proverbial brickwall.

Good luck with your search
Kind regards
Peter Euston