PDA

View Full Version : Church Records Carlisle

katenichols
27-10-2004, 9:00 PM
Hi, I have been told by Carlisle registry office today, that before they can find the marriage I am looking for , I need to know the Church where the marriage took place. I have the Gro index details, but they said they mean nothing to them , they dont use them. Where would find copies of the church registers for carlisle and would I be able to search through them?

Thanks
Kate

Guy Etchells
27-10-2004, 9:56 PM
Difficult to answer as you do not show where you are located or what period the marriage was.

The most accessible resource worldwide must be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints library, their listing for Carlise is shown online at
http://tinyurl.com/57bc7
These films may be viewed at any of the Church's family history centres.
You would also be able to view the records at Cumbria Record Offmessage=Difficult to answer as you do not show where you are located or what period the marriage was.

The most accessible resource worldwide must be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints library, their listing for Carlise is shown online at
http://tinyurl.com/57bc7
These films may be viewed at any of the Church's family history centres.
You would also be able to view the records at Cumbria Record Office, The Castle, Carlisle.
Cheers
Guy

AudreyM
28-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi, I have been told by Carlisle registry office today, that before they can find the marriage I am looking for , I need to know the Church where the marriage took place. I have the Gro index details, but they said they mean nothing to them , they dont use them. Where would find copies of the church registers for carlisle and would I be able to search through them

Thanks
Kate
Hello Kate,

If you are within striking distance of Carlisle, the Records Office hold the Parish records for Cumberland/Cumbria
(including Carlisle)

The Public Library also have Parish records for Carlisle,but I am not sure as to what extent

Regards
AudreyM

katenichols
28-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi and thanks for info, I forgot to say I am in Carlisle, so library and records office shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks again

Kate