PDA

View Full Version : John CUNIERSKY b. 1885 New York

Diane Grant-Salmon
18-02-2006, 6:40 PM
I thought I'd post this information here, just in case someone is looking for this person. I admit that I was very surprised to find someone from America lodging with my CLEGG family! :)

CENSUS 1901 Ref: RG13/4276/7/5
Dwelling: Hirst Terrace, Emley, Yorkshire

John CUNIERSKY (16) Lodger Single Coal Miner Hurrier b. America New York

Trish
18-02-2006, 7:34 PM
I thought I'd post this information here, just in case someone is looking for this person. I admit that I was very surprised to find someone from America lodging with my CLEGG family! :)

CENSUS 1901 Ref: RG13/4276/7/5
Dwelling: Hirst Terrace, Emley, Yorkshire

John CUNIERSKY (16) Lodger Single Coal Miner Hurrier b. America New YorkOkay, I have to ask... what's a "Coal Miner Hurrier"? I have this mental picture of someone going around telling all the miners to hurry up!

Trish

Diane Grant-Salmon
18-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Okay, I have to ask... what's a "Coal Miner Hurrier"? I have this mental picture of someone going around telling all the miners to hurry up!

Trish

|wave| Trish ..... If only ..... the two saddest words in the Dictionary. If you Click Here (http://www.wwmm.org/storie/storia.asp?id_storia=191&pagina=8&project=0&trad=) this will explain and illustrate what a Hurrier did.

The Mining Museum is in Middlestown, not too far away from Emley. It used to be Caphouse Colliery when it was a working mine and my Gt. Grandfather started work there as a hurrier. :(

Trish
19-02-2006, 2:40 PM
|wave| Trish ..... If only ..... the two saddest words in the Dictionary. If you Click Here (http://www.wwmm.org/storie/storia.asp?id_storia=191&pagina=8&project=0&trad=) this will explain and illustrate what a Hurrier did.

The Mining Museum is in Middlestown, not too far away from Emley. It used to be Caphouse Colliery when it was a working mine and my Gt. Grandfather started work there as a hurrier. :(Oh, Diane, what a sobering picture. If we live better lives today, we probably have our grandparents and great grandparents to thank.

Trish