PDA

View Full Version : Carey's

r-careys
16-02-2006, 2:46 AM
Looking to find information on my ancestors (Carey) from the Potteries area.
My line in Australia starts with Thomas Carey who was born in Burslem 25 March 1822. I have not any idea or details concerning his brothers and sisters other than birth details.
Catherine Carey b Longton 1821
Eliza Carey b Longton 1823
Ellen Carey b Longton 1825
John Drewry Carey b Lane end 1826
Sarah 1828 b Lane end 1826
Mary Emma 1830 b Lane end 1826
Henry 1831 b Lane end 1826

Thomas' father was Thomas Carey (China Manufacturer of "Careys") and his mother was Ellen Harvey.

I would love trace some of Thomas' family through the ages and maybe even find some still living.

Can anyone help??????????

Raintree
15-09-2013, 2:31 PM
Did you get any answers? I am just writing a brief history of the Carey pottery for a website about printed pottery. If you want to continue this discussion let me know.

Sue Mackay
15-09-2013, 4:13 PM
Sadly r-careys is no longer a member of BG and so is unlikely to see your post, but a warm welcome to you - do have a good look around while you are here.

r-careys
08-11-2013, 12:49 AM
My ears must have been burning, I had given up on Genealogy a while due to lack of progress and family illness but I am back now.
Please contact me if you see this...
Regards
Russell

Did you get any answers? I am just writing a brief history of the Carey pottery for a website about printed pottery. If you want to continue this discussion let me know.

christanel
08-11-2013, 3:27 AM
Welcome back to Brit-Gen :yes:

I don't know how far you got with this family but the site familysearch.org has the parents of these children as Thomas Carey and Ellen.
The dates you have for the majority of these children are baptism dates not birth dates. There are also some other bpts records for 3 other children - Anna born Feb 1833 bpt 25 August 1823.
Richard Salton Carey bpt 9 Nov 1834 and George Harvey Carey bpt 16 August1837.

This is the possible marriage of Thomas and Ellen.
Thomas Carey
Spouse - Ellin Harvey
Date - 23 Feb 1820
Place - Norton In The Moors, Stafford, England

All of these records are on familysearch.org.

Your nearest LDS centre would order in the films which may have more information than is on these transcripts.

There is also a new service where they send information by email. This (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php/75545-LDS-Photoduplication-service?highlight=LDS+photoduplication+serice) link explains it.

Christanel