PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Familysearch Website

willyum
31-01-2006, 2:12 PM
For more than a week now I have been unable to log on to www.familysearch.org can anyone please advise what the problem is!

Regards,

Willyum

Diane Grant-Salmon
31-01-2006, 2:28 PM
Is this the one you are looking for?

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true

willyum
31-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi Pat,

That is the one but I can't get your click thru to work it says can't find server or dns error. I then tried it on my daughters computer and it was exactly the same. It seems that all other sites work on my browser but not that one.

Regards,

Willyum

Wirral
31-01-2006, 11:43 PM
I've just tried both those links & they worked fine for me. Could it be a problem with your Service Provider?

Diane Grant-Salmon
01-02-2006, 8:28 AM
Yes, they're both working for me too, but I'm sorry that I don't know why you're having trouble. :confused:

Beebee
01-02-2006, 9:56 AM
Hi Pat,

That is the one but I can't get your click thru to work it says can't find server or dns error. I then tried it on my daughters computer and it was exactly the same. It seems that all other sites work on my browser but not that one.

Regards,

Willyum
Hi Willyum,

I tried clicking on the links but had no luck, so I typed the address in manualy and it worked that way :confused: . These computers can be so stubborn at times, they need a little coaxing, just like teenagers. |computer|

Beebee.

Wirral
01-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Just had a thought, when I go on to the Familysearch website I am not "logged in" to it. I don't subscribe to it, the way I am on this site, with a name & password, I just go there as a visitor. Are you subscribed to Familysearch? Could that make a difference? I suggest you try posting on the Computer Help thread. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about may be able to help you! ;)

Ladkyis
01-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I don't think you have to log in to familysearch - it is free and available to all

Ann

Wirral
01-02-2006, 1:50 PM
Although you do not need to be logged in to Familysearch to use it, at the top RHS of the page it gives you the option to Sign in or Register. I've never bothered, so do not know what the pros & cons of doing so are.