PDA

View Full Version : ALDREDS of Suffolk

Wayne Neily
24-10-2004, 4:54 AM
My interest is the family of James and Mary Ann (Durrant) ALDRED, who had 9 children in Covehithe, Suffolk between 1818 and 1834. They moved to Canada in 1836, and their 8th child, John, became my great-grandfather. I am interested in both descendants and ancestors, and would like to share information with anyone else having an interest in them. I'm also interested in making the link with other Aldreds in NE Suffolk or adjacent parts of Norfolk.

I think that James was probably the son of Samuel and Mary Aldred of Henstead christened 30 Sept. 1782, but have not been able to confirm this. Another researcher apparently found a marriage date for James and Mary Ann of 12 October 1815 in Bishops' Transcripts but access to these would be needed to check to see if their parents are identified. I have no idea who Mary Ann's parents were. A grandson indicated in a biographical note that James had been in Wellington's cavalry at Waterloo and in Spain, but I have not found the relevant records yet. (A bit difficult from Canada to know where they might be!)

Wayne Neily
Sainte-Anne, Manitoba