PDA

View Full Version : Invisible SACKETTS in 1901

Ladkyis
16-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I have found the Mabel SACKETT age 3 on the 1891 census and she is safely with her parents Edward G and Alice and her siblings, Nora 10, Edgar 8,and Harry L 6, at 35 Sherwood Rise Nottingham Road Basford.
All I wanted to do was find them in 1901 - I have been on Ancestry for the last hour and a half trying to find just one of them! and it seems that they have departed this realm which is kind of strange because Mabel gets married in Basford in 1914 and I don't know why she would do that unless she lived there - the groom comes from Colwyn Bay so I suppose anything is possible.
suggestions of how to find Edward G SACKETT, Chartered Accountant in 1901 I am now going to play a shoot em up game for half an hour to get rid of some pent up frustrations.

Ann

Geoffers
16-01-2006, 11:43 PM
1901census has Edward G Sackett, aged 51, born Barling, living in 'Nottm' occupation Chartered Accountant

Any use?

Geoffers

Geoffers
16-01-2006, 11:45 PM
In fact, it lists:
Alice Sackett 46 Scotland Nottingham Nottm
Edith Sackett 4 Notts Nottingham Nottingham Nottm
Edward Sackett 22 Yorks Horsforth Nottingham Nottm Clerk Accountants
Edward Sackett 51 Essex Barling Nottingham Nottm Chartered Accountant
Eileen Sackett 6 Notts Nottingham Nottingham Nottm
Harry Sackett 16 Notts Nottingham Nottingham Nottm Mechanical Engineers Apprentice
Mable Sackett 13 Notts Nottingham Nottingham Nottm
Nora Sackett 20 Yorks Horsforth Nottingham Nottm

Geoffers

Jo Simpsons
17-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Hi Ann,
looking on Ancestry look for Sailsett.
If Geoffers found your family they are in
RG13/3185 Folio 73 Page 7.
If the name has been transcribed "as is" and right they have done really well!
I know lots dont like 1901 decoder but I do use it and helps to find family groups. Saves money for me to buy certificates :D
Hope it helps.
Good luck.
Jo :)

Ladkyis
17-01-2006, 12:32 AM
I wish there was some way on this forum of awarding stars to people and not just threads. Geoffers and Jo you have helped me many times before even when it wasn't me you were helping - hope that makes sense - and I think you are both five star members of the forum

I hereby award you with the ***** five star seal of approval this entitles you to as many cups of tea or coffee - or non alcoholic beverage of your choice - as you want whenever you come to South Wales.

I also give my thanks, small as they are, for your excellent detective work.

Ann

Jo Simpsons
17-01-2006, 1:04 AM
|laugh1| |laugh1| Thank you Ann.

I don't think you can add stars for me. I just wish I had half the info/knowledge Geoferrs has!
I just play with words and letters!
May be not the right place but does being in the 21st centuary also mean having the local Indian take away as one of your favourite numbers on BT too? lol. I kept wondering what the number was till I realised :o
Good Luck.
Jo :)