PDA

View Full Version : Norton/Stockton-on-Tees Quakers 1690-1730

abelard
15-01-2006, 8:55 PM
I am looking for the minutes from the Norton/Stockton Monthly Meeting. I have the BMD information but need the additional information that should be in the other minutes. I'm researching Blackstone Ingledue who m. Margert Pattison (Patterson) c1719. Both sets of parents are thought to be dead and Blackstone's aunt, Elizabeth Smith gave approval. Is Elizabeth the wife of Caleb Smith? Is she the Elizabeth Ingledue who shows up in Pennsylvannia probate court about 1746 by way of a reference to the orphaned children of Blackston Ingledue? Thank you for your time, Karon Ingledue

Gyles Cooper
11-08-2017, 3:43 PM
I am looking for the minutes from the Norton/Stockton Monthly Meeting. I have the BMD information but need the additional information that should be in the other minutes. I'm researching Blackstone Ingledue who m. Margert Pattison (Patterson) c1719. Both sets of parents are thought to be dead and Blackstone's aunt, Elizabeth Smith gave approval. Is Elizabeth the wife of Caleb Smith? Is she the Elizabeth Ingledue who shows up in Pennsylvannia probate court about 1746 by way of a reference to the orphaned children of Blackston Ingledue? Thank you for your time, Karon Ingledue

Hi Karon,
I'm not sure if the following is relevant to your enquiry.
Caleb Smith I (1679-1728) married Elizabeth Ingledew, daughter of Leonard and Elizabeth. They had a son, Caleb II, born 1699.
Caleb I had a brother William (1665-1729), who married Frances Pattison (1674-1699)
I see you posed your question eleven years ago! If you have further information on these Smiths I would be very interested to hear from you.
Gyles Cooper