PDA

View Full Version : Hiscot, Hiscott

Cheldra
02-01-2006, 5:27 PM
Hello everyone... Im trying to find any info on the Hiscot or Hiscott family prior to 1840. I have a James Hiscot born c1810 who married Elizabeth and had children John,Henry and Martha I believe. However I have come to a dead end at the mo with James. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Chelle

Geoffers
02-01-2006, 5:50 PM
I have a James Hiscot born c1810 who married Elizabeth and had children John,Henry and Martha I believe. However I have come to a dead end at the mo with James. Anyone have any ideas?
Have you found James bn c.1810 in any census returns which show a birthplace? If not this would be a useful thing to find, you may be lucky and find elderly parents living with him.

When you have a birth place, then you will need to look at the relevant parish registers to try and find his baptism and thus his parents.

Parish registers are often held by the Record Office for a particular county. Details of what a County Record Office holds can often be found on web-sites these days. The web-site URL for Somerset Records and Archives is http://www.somerset.gov.uk/archives/

Geoffers