PDA

View Full Version : MI look up

jeffrey.bean
23-12-2005, 12:06 AM
I just found out at least one of my ancestors is buried in Adfield cemetary. How can I go about getting a pic of the MI ( if its still there ) and finding out if there are other family members buried in the area. I did a quick search but didnt come up with much.

Regards,
Jeff

Wirral
23-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Hi Jeff

Try posting on the county thread for Adfield. You may find there is someone with local knowledge who can get you the info you need. For instance, I know that my local library, Wallasey, has a book of transcriptions of MIs of the parish church, also of some other local churches, also books with all the births & marriages in Wallasey area from 1837-1900. And the library is right next to the main cemetery! None of the MI info for this area is available online, but for me it is a 10mins walk away.
By the way, where is Adfield? And don't forget to post the names of who you are looking for - you might find someone already has the info. :)

jeffrey.bean
23-12-2005, 1:22 AM
Sorry, its in Liverpool. I'll try posting in the Lancashire forum

Wirral
23-12-2005, 1:25 AM
Hi Jeff
In that case, it is Anfield, not Adfield. some of my rellies are buried there. The records are held at Liverpool Central Library. Can't remember whether there is an index of MI for the cemetery or not, but certainly all the other records. This is a link to possible other records http://liverpool-ancestors.co.uk/

jeffrey.bean
23-12-2005, 7:31 PM
Wirral,
Thanks for the link, the moderator for the site is going to she if she has a Dorothy in her records.