PDA

View Full Version : George Parsons Bull from England

mick
02-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I am trying to find descendents of George Parsons Bull born about 1852 in Kersey Suffolk and his wife Elizabeth Mary Scott born about 1864 in Ten Mile Bank Norfolk.
On the 1901 UK census they were living in London with their son Frank George Bull born 1897 London. Soon after this they emigrated to Australia.
If anyone has links with this family, i would be very keen to hear from them.
Mick

ozEgal
09-02-2006, 1:57 AM
Hi Mick, I had a look on the National Archives Of Australia site and found a Frank George Bull .DOB is 14th Jan 1901 Sussex.It says that he enlisted in Claremont,Western Australia and that his next of kin is Vera Bull.

You can apply to have Franks service records digitalised and made accessable on the NAA site by sending an email to ref@naa.gov.au with the word digital copy as the subject and then full name,service number and date of birth in the email. I have used this facility a quite a few times myself and found that sometimes a photo is included sometimes not. It will take about 1-2 months for the information to put up.It makes for interesting reading.
Julie

sadler
09-02-2006, 3:28 AM
In addition to the NA info here is the marriage index for Frank:

BULL, Frank G
Year: 1928
Spouse: LAKER, Vera D
Ref: 1719

Mike.

mick
14-02-2006, 7:18 AM
Thanks to both of you for your help. I'm pretty sure this Frank is the son of Frank Parsons Bull.
Mick

pandjchappell
09-10-2008, 3:58 AM
I am compiling my 'Bull" paternal tree, George P features, but I cannnot see that he had a son Frank. In the 1881 census he had a son George Henry, also daughters Emma Isabel and Lillian Juanita who were all born in London. George P came fromn Kersey. If we have the same line, do reply and I will share the rest of the information I have with you. George P is the brother of my gt grandfather.

Janet - New Zealand

mick
13-10-2008, 2:17 AM
Hello Janet.
George Parsons Bull was married twice and the children you mention are from his first marriage. He had another three from his second marriage but left the eldest behind when he emigrated to be raised by his wifes parents.
I will send you my email address by private message.
Mick

ChristineR
13-10-2008, 4:08 AM
Karrakatta Cemetery, Perth, Western Australia
http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/NameSearch/GenResearch.html

KARRAKATTA CEMETERY PRESBYTERIAN EA 0303
FRANK GEORGE BULL, 64 years, died 17 June 1961 , suburb MANNING
VERA DORIS BULL, 90 years, died 21 Oct 1991, suburb CLOVERDALE
BULL GEORGE, 73 years, 26 Sept 1923, SUBIACO
BULL ELIZABETH MARY, 90 years, 31 Dec1953, DAGLISH

not sure if anyone else is in the same location, as one cannot search on the grave reference.

mick
17-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Christine.
A useful link.