Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ed Matkin

Smile

Thank you Geoff. I had asked mum several years ago about an accent but she said that he didn't have one so he may possibly have been a local. 2 Years ago I asked the Grimsby Telegraph if they would kindly ask for anyone with any knowledge of WHP to contact. Well I received a reply on Saturday night from someone who has a connection to some Penningtons in Nottingham.Whether this will lead to anything I will just have to wait. The Telegraph did itself proud with the article apparently complete with a photo of me.I am being sent a copy of this article by a friend in Grimsby but it could be a while before it gets here. It can take six weeks by sea mail or a week by air. Thank you for your help I will follow up on what you suggest.

Ed Matkin

Hello Pam and Geoffers. I am now thinking that there may be a chance of getting somewhere with my quest. Thank you for your suggestions,being a novice I really do appreciate your assistance. Twice the court has refused yo give me any information from the file,once when I wrote from New Zealand again in 2003 when I visited the court. The receptionist was very helpful but said that she had to ask the judge if she could give me any info from the file. He said no and no reason was given. I will return this year and try again although when I asked for a dob for my father he was happy to release that if it was there but apparently it wasn't. I will try the library for directories again when I return or even the Archives. I tried the Defence Dept but without a dob they couldn't help either. Traceline here I come. Thank you both very much again. Regards Ed

Ed Matkin

Red face

What a saga this is turning into.Over two years ago I asked The Grimsby Telegraph if they would kindly print a letter asking if anyone had any knowledge of Wm H Pennington to contact me through my hotmail address. I had given up on it ever being printed but lo and behold the other day I received an email from a person who had read this article and she was related to some Penningtons in Nottingham. You won't believe this. I tried to reply to her but the email address she used is incorrect. Oh frustration. I have tried several time but eventually tried a gamble. Where she had used co.uk I thought her address looked a bit like hotmail so changed the .co.uk to .com. So far,well in the last 15mins, the email hasn't returned undelivered.Here hoping. Wm H you are a real pain in the neck.

Ed Matkin

Talking

Geoff. It seems that you may have hit the nail on the head with your research.A kind lady,Janet,who belongs to the FHS in Grimsby has come to the same conclusion you did by using different means. She is certain that this WmHP is my father but is going to do further research before giving a definite yes. The WmP you mentioned lived and died in Hibaldstow and has family still living there. There is a lady clergyman,woman,person there called Jenny Brumpton. How's that for a coincidence. Thank you kindly for your advice.I have sent you an email with a bit more detail.

Sorry Ed, I inadvertently deleted your e-mail before reading it ... could you re-send it please?

Glad you think you have it sorted anyway!

I am related to the Lizzie Helen Brumpton mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't have information about the Penningtons, but I do know a bit about the earlier Brumptons.

sheryl bennett

i am related also to lizzie brumpton. she married william pennington.he had a sister, laura my granma. born harpswell lincs
    they had a son william henry pennington born 1913. died i think 1992. scunthorpe married annie pearson1937 in caistor lincs
    their children were
    ronald born 1937 at staniswell, david william born 1942, john 1945, joyce ann 1955 born in brigg
    Last edited by sheryl bennett; 28-01-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: more info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12