Mary Kennedy

Smile Fulham and Hammersmith

Hi,

Was wondering if any members can trace their roots back to the Irish in Fulham and Hammersmith who may have come over from Ireland during the famine of 1845 - 1850.

If so do you know where in Ireland your ancestor originally came from. Can't seem to find out where mine came from but I do think it is either County Limerick or Cork. Town or areas is unknown.

Thank you.

Mary Kennedy Flynn
    Toronto

Geoffers

People migrated from all over Ireland; many as human ballast in ships, who were landed on a beach and made their way to all parts of mainland Britain.

Have you found this family in the 1851 and/or 1861 census? - and does it by any chance mention a place or county in Ireland as a birthplace?

Geoffers

Ken Boyce

Hi Mary

There is an excellent web site based in Cobh Co Cork

Try a Google advance search with the following complete list of words in the any word box

Cobh Cork genealogy

Then work through the list of returns

Have fun

Regards from Vancouver

Ps for those interested in the Titanic and other major liner sinkings this site has a list of those buried in Cobh

Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

Default Who?

Hi Mary

Would be interested to know who you are looking for in Hammersmith? My cousin (with whom I share a tree) has ancestors from Cork who appear to have gravitated to the Hammersmith and Fulham area - which, incidentally, is just across the river from where I now live...

Linda