Chaplain

Default Royal Warwickshire Regiment WW2 in India

Hello.

I am a hospital chaplain and I was paged in today to try and calm a distressed elderly gentleman with severe dementia. He was so distressed and kept describing some pretty graphic situations from when he served with the Royal Warwickshire Regiment in India. I am wondering if he might be eligible to services for veterans. How could I find out quickly if he actually served in India with the Royal Warwickshire Regiment and his regimental number in order to access services for him?

Looking forward to your responses.

Allison

Hello Allison and welcome to British-Genealogy

In normal circumstances anyone wanting service records for WW11 has to apply for them from the Ministry of Defence.
    It isn't necessary to know the regiment or regiment number, just the date of birth and full name. It may help to read This link.

The Veterans Welfare Service may be the place to contact first and ask for advice. Hopefully they will be able to speed up an application process to find the information you need to help this man. There are contact details on this site

Others who actually live in the UK may have other suggestions.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

Try SSAFA. They were very quick to help my late grandfather, a WW1 veteran.
    Gill

Chaplain

Thank you to both Christina and Gill for their helpful links. Hopefully I shall be able to obtain details today (being Monday when people are in the office) which will assist this gentleman.

Allison