gurtha

Default DEMS army gunner

i'm looking for my fathers war records thomas william o'connell, dems army gunner on merchant navy ships [1939- 1945] he was on the ss samjack adelaide, s.australia, 25th august-21st september 1944. i'm really having a difficult time with this so any help or information would be greatly appreciated... with best wishes, gurtha...

Welcome to British-Genealogy
    If you came to us from FWR reading This will tell you a little about us.

WW11 service records are still held by the MoD. This 'sticky' gives some information and links to application forms. You will need a death certificate and 30 pounds then lots of patience because so many others are on the same quest right now.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

gurtha

thank you very much for your useful information. i sent all this information to the mod in july 2014, i know i have to wait but should it take this long ? many thanks, gurtha...

Hello
    I would be getting in touch with them to see what has gone awry. You did use the official application form?

This link gives advice by the MoD on what to do if dissatisfied with the service. Scroll down to the heading 'How to complain if you are unhappy with the handling of your request.'

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Reputation beyond repute

Has your cheque been cleared?

gurtha

thank you for your information. i sent all the right information by secure post and it was signed for, my cheque wasn't cleared. i sent a letter in september asking what was happening, by secure delivery and it was signed for but i havn't heard anything... many thanks... gurtha.