Thread: Help required

Carper

Default Help required

My uncle Haydn Ashton Thomas served during WW2. He started on horseback and then reasigned to the tank division as i believe a radio operator. If my research is correct, he would have possibly been part of the Staffordshire Yeomanry / 1st cavalry Division. He was born in Bridgend, South Wales 27th October 1918 and survived the war. His father was John Thomas and his mother was Emily May Thomas nee Barwick.
    I know he served in Palastine, north Africa, Alam Halfa, El Alamein, Tunisia then landed on Sword Beach Normandy.

My question is that i am unable to find him on this site or his Army number. Can anyone help please.

Kind regards to all.
    Steve Thomas

HI Steve and welcome to British-Genealogy. This forum is owned by Forces War records but is not exclusively military. Please read this message The reason you cannot find any military information about your ancestor is that the MoD still holds all military records after 1921 so you will not find the information anywhere online. If you take a look at this Message you will find a link to the place where you can set about obtaining the records you require. I hope this helps
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time