Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wrong name?

horseshoe

Wideeyed, just had a quick look at your Barney link, that must have caused some problems!. All because of a clerical error, dear oh dear, a slip of a quill/pen/tap of a keyboard and a life goes down the you know what.

I find now that looking widely at military, local and social history is helping me solve problems, also elderly relatives who lived at a time when certain things were done a certain way helps. It is like a jigsaw.
    I do not know why George made himself out to be 4 years younger than he was on most of the census or when he married, maybe he had his reasons.

Dundee10

George HENDERSON son of Alexander HENDERSON married Dorothy GIBSON in 1862 at Newcastle Upon Tyne.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N6GK-RJ7

George and Dorothy can be followed in the census records and his place of birth is consistently given as Wooler c1841.

It seems you have the incorrect birth certificate for your George as he was younger and his place of birth is given on the various census records as Weet Wood (1871), Whitwood (1891), and also just as Northumberland. It is difficult to know where this place is because Whitwood is in Yorkshire, not Northumberland. Perhaps he was born in one county and grew up in another.

Now that you have his father's name and occupation from his marriage certificate you should be able to look for him in 1851 and 1861 and hopefully be able to find the correct birth record.

thewideeyedowl

Default Signatures

Horseshoe, take a look at this thread about signatures on a copy of a marriage certificate: https://www.british-genealogy.com/thr...e-Certificates.

Owl

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Freebmd has 2 births 1840-1844 in Glendale reg district,one 1840 another 1844,family search has baptism for the latter,6 Oct 1844 in Wooler,son of David and Margaret.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

horseshoe,

I think we need to go back to basics on this one.
    From my post #2
    I presume that you are quite certain of the bride's surname because you've purchased the birth certificate of the child who is your grandfather/grandmother?
    Not just that birth certificate, but also the relevant birth and marriage certificates for your parents. And you're absolutely 150% sure that you have the correct certificates? Remember
    It's surprising how many times the same names marry.
    Surnames that is, reduced slightly when you specify a first name for the groom or bride.

Pam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12