Penelope2005

Default Reginald Merson davies

I am new to this and trying to find out about my uncle who I know was in the army, I don't know what his rank was, he was born in 1926" I know he served in Italy because that's where he met his wife maria, I know when the war finished he drove prisoners to court I believe , his name was Reginald mer son davies and he was from South Wales , hope you can help many thanks

Brick wall demolition expert!

If you are looking for his military records then these are with the MOD and have to be applied for - see the link below:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/thr...-including-WW2

If you are looking for general family history then I am sure that we can help you.

Penelope2005

Hi any info would be great

As megan said the MoD haver not released any military records after 1921 so to get ANY information you have to apply through the link Megan gave you. Sorry
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Brick wall demolition expert!

General Family History: Reginald Merson Davies

Unfortunately there is no birth registration in a 5 year period either side of 1926 for a Reginald Merson Davies. There are however five registrations for Reginald M Davies:

1923: 1 in Pontypool (mother: Price) (This one seems to have died as an infant in 1923) and 1 in Bridgend (mother: Harris)
    1924: 1 in Bridgend (mother: Eason)
    1926: 1 in Pontypool (mother: Williams) – it looks like this one died in 1960 in Pontypool
    1930: 1 in Farnham, Surrey. This one is unlikely because he would only have been 15 at the end of WW2.

There are of course dozens of plain Reginald Davies births. As he was your uncle what do you know about him and his parents? Anything can help narrow down the search.

I did a search looking at marriages between Merson and Davies to see if that would give any leads. There are 3 such marriages (1952; 2002; and 1978) The latter being the only Ms Merson marrying a Mr Davies. So I think that is a dead end.

However I have found his marriage in 1947 in the records of GRO Index Army Marriages (1881 to 1955). He married in Italy (Page 3124 Line No 99). I believe that you can use that information to order his marriage certificate. Unfortunately the index does not give the brides name.

Reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the index does not give the brides name.
    Well, it does really. Maria Lunardi.

Also there are three DAVIES births registered in Pontypool where the mother's maiden name is LUNARDI.

Unfortunately there is no birth registration in a 5 year period either side of 1926 for a Reginald Merson Davies.
    I think all you can say there is no birth registration indexed for that name. But then there wouldn't be because the index for that period only shows the first forename in full followed by initials of any other forenames.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Checkout this https://www.dustydocs.com.au/link/197...-rootsweb.html

Marriage 4 March 1970 E.n..t J DAVIES grooms father Reginald Merson DAVIES