Egerton270

Default Royal Artilery Brigades of thFirst World War?

Hi

I am trying to research my great grandfather's both of which served with royal artilery during the First World War. one served with the royal field artilery and the other with the royal garrison artilery. My question is how do I find out which brigade they served with as I hoped this would help me to trace there movements during their active service.

Any help is appreciated.

Their medal index cards should show it. You can see the actual cards on Ancestry - if you don't have a subscription, you can ask your local library of they do (assuming that you're in the UK). Alternatively, if you post names and numbers, someone here will probably have a look for you.

If, as I'm guessing, you've come to British Genealogy from the FWR site, please read THIS.

Reputation beyond repute

Or if the answer isn't on the medal index cards, try the actual medal rolls.

There are also finding aids at the National Archives

Egerton270

Thank you both for your advice. I actually have copies of both of the medal cards but couldn't identify any reference to brigade other than RFA=Royal Field Artillery and RGA=Royal Garrison Artillery. Do you know how to include them in the thread?......perhaps if you wouldn't mind having a look you might see something that I am missing?