MichelePhillips

Default Hi from Western Australia

Hello everyone.
    I'm a semi-retired journalist and I've been researching my family history since last September (so I'm basically a total beginner).
    I'm well and truly hooked on all things genealogical and I've spent the week or so since I signed up for Brit-Gen having a good look around.
    I'm amazed by the amount of knowledge on here and the willingness of everyone to share information/help out.
    My parents emigrated to Australia in 1963 when I was 10 but all my forebears are British.
    I've managed to get back to the 1700s with some lines but I'm totally stumped with one of my great grandmothers, so I'll be heading over to Brick Walls to see if anyone can help.
    It's 36C in Perth at the moment - a great time to be inside in the air conditioning obsessing over my Mum's Granny Farrow!
    All the best,
    Michele

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Michele,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I think most of us are like you - back to the 1700s on some lines, and then either totally stumped or just not able to go further back with certainty, on others.

I'm sure you'll have realised by now that we need to know what you know about Granny Farrow - so names, dates, places, and we'll see what we can find out for you.

Though a little word of warning - 'tis not the best idea to start talking about how hot it is down under when at least half of the BG members are shivering in their little boots.

Pam

MichelePhillips

haha, I wouldn't mind shivering in my little boots for a few minutes.
    I reckon you could fry an egg on our back patio.
    Michele

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Michelle,
    Welcome aboard..The heat is what makes WA so special,and a lot more desirable than being cold.
    Eric