Trish Graham

Default new entrant from NZ

Hi there,
    My name is Patricia Graham (Trish) and I am in hot and dry Hawkes Bay, New Zealand (30 degrees, Jan 2015). I have lived in Sydney Australia and travelled the UK and Ireland in 2004 - before I started on my history proper and I'd love to get back one day *sigh*... $20,000 ...

I started my genealogical journey in 2005 and now have a BA (history) as a result. I am researching my Graham heritage also my Blackburn line. I have been at this for 10 years so I have quite a bit of info which one day (soonish?) I will compile.

The culprit was a great-uncle who 'published' the Graham family history from an old diary of his mothers and I (being my pedantic self) saw mistakes and started to try and find evidence of the true dates, ie. my great-uncle died at Gallipoli 1st May 1915 (not 5th May 1915) ... and here I am ... a decade later with some unearthed skeletons and a better sense of who I am and where I have come from because of the people who lived and died in my past heritage. RIP.
    Ne Oublie

Trish nee Graham

Hallo Trish, and a very warm welcome to British Genealogy. We could do with some of your New Zealand warmth over here! I look forward to reading your postings elsewhere on the forum.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

Send me some of that warm temp. The past week we have been in a deep freeze of temps of -20C with the windchill.

Trish Graham

Argh, started searching in 2000 not 2005 so been at it for 15 years (gosh!)

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by SandraL View Post
    Send me some of that warm temp. The past week we have been in a deep freeze of temps of -20C with the windchill.
    I live in Paeroa about 400km from Trish, we also are having long hot sunny days with high temperatures. We'll swop you some sun for a bit of wet stuff.

anablack

Hi Trish, warm welcome from East Scotland. Yeah I love the sun too, since it is windchill all the time in my place

Valued member of Brit-Gen SandraL's Avatar

What is his name and is also good to know his birthdate as well?

anablack

Quote Originally Posted by anablack View Post
    Hi Trish, warm welcome from East Scotland. Yeah I love the sun too, since it is windchill all the time in my place
    If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask for help

anablack

Quote Originally Posted by anablack View Post
    I love the sun in your place too

Trish Graham

who? The great-uncle??? No its fine I have truck loads of info. Thanks anyway.