highlandr

Default Tracking Down Medal Entitlement

my late father was a former royal marine he was in ww2 had off number was demobbed then re upt for a further 4 yr s getting a new off number having no luck getting ne info on this site trying to track ie what medals he was intitled have as his r lost and i would like to get replacement so they can be paraded

Hallo highlandr, and a very warm welcome to British Genealogy. It sounds as if you have come to us via FWR, so please take a moment to read this thread (which appears as a 'sticky' at the top of this forum)

I have changed the title of your thread from Hi to Tracking Down Medal Entitlement in the hope that it will catch the eye of those who know about such things.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Reputation beyond repute

Apply for his service record here

Gallantry medals will have been announced in the London/Edinburgh/Belfast Gazette.

Campaign medal rolls have not been released and you have to contact the Armed Services Medal Office. I would advise getting his service record first.

TomBen

As Peter says, you will need to apply for your grandfathers full service history via the Ministry of Defence for full medal entitlements.

With regards to replacement medals, the MOD will not replace medals that are lost unless it can be proven that they have been lost in a situation out of the owners control such as a house fire or burglary. You can see all the requirements HERE

Replica medals can be purchased from private companies such as Bigbury Mint a personal favourite of mine and Forces War Records.

Kind Regards,

Tom